iPad mini Any Luck Selling 1st Gen iPad Mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PTVMan, Oct 23, 2013.

1. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I put my year old 64GB White iPad Mini with Verizon LTE on Craigstlist and so far not one single bite. I'm asking $550 including Product Red leather cover, original box, yada yada. Has anyone had any luck selling?

2. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

I just got 325 for my 16GB LTE Mini, and since it's this time of the year and people hold back around launches, I didn't think that was too bad.

3. zbarvian macrumors 68010

4. FoundAHalo macrumors member

FoundAHalo

5. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I got $244 for my iPad mini. I sold it on eBay last week. It had a small dent on the bottom and caused the screen to lift a bit and I still was able to get $244

6. Epiphron macrumors regular

Higher capacities don't retain their values nearly as well as the base models so try dropping the price more

7. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

It's been my experience that the higher storage verisons don't get the same resale value as the base models. The only thing Craiglisters see is an iPad mini for $550 next to a bunch of ads for iPad Minis at 250-350 and they pass you by.

You would probably have better luck on eBay, even with the extra fees incurred.

8. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

mac2sell only says my 64gb ATT LTE mini is work $510 and I know I couldn't get that for it. Personally, I think its crazy that you are asking $550 for it, nobody will spend the extra for a cover.

9. Seniordan macrumors regular

10. lls4f macrumors regular

$260 for my 16gb wifi mini. Family member bought it. Planning to get a t-mobile iPad Air

11. g4manimac macrumors 6502

I just PAID 269 last night for a black 16gb wifi model with $100 in extras.I was gonna buy one through the refurbished store but apples website wouldn't let me use paypal so I just searched ebay for one with a good amount of warranty left and got it.

12. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

My guess is that your device is just too high end - most people looking on craigslist are doing so to get a good deal and don't care about LTE or 64GB of storage. At $550 they could get a new 32GB iPad Mini with Retina display and still be in warranty for a year. Plus the "new" factor.

Unfortunately that is the trade of when buying the most premium iPad - Apple charges a lot for each upgrade tier but on the secondhand market people are just looking for the lowest price for entry.

13. MPclk2006 macrumors regular

I dont think its a matter of an ipad mini selling, its the fact of YOUR ipad mini selling, I am in the market for some ipad minis for xmas this year and if I saw your ad, I would pass because it is just too much for my budget, now if I saw a 16GB for $240s I would look into that more...im not saying you should drop your price that low because I dont know how much yours should be worth but, I just bought a macbook for less than what you are asking for that ipad...good luck selling it, i hope you find a buyer soon....

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

$550 is way too high. I'm selling a 64 AT&T black and no bites at $400.

15. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

sold my 64 GB Wifi for $350. I was hoping for $400 but no takers for over a week and a half at that price... hated to sell that low but didn't want the price to drop even more. Then yesterday Apple states that the next ipad mini won't be released until later on in November! I know, first world probs....

On a side note, I've listed my 32 gb ipad 2 wifi for $300 and not a single offer yet. I'll try $250 soon as I want to get the ipad Air and ipad mini 2 retina but I'm planning on keeping those for at least 2 years.

16. MPclk2006 macrumors regular

Exactly my thought, im not gonna go on craigslist to spend $500 on something I can just buy new for that price or chaper from someone else, because I don't care about the LTE or 64GB, im just looking for a deal on an ipad mini LOL...

17. MacFriedRice macrumors member

What he/she said.

:apple: