Any luck uploading 4K video?

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
Tried uploading a 35 second clip to Mail and its resized to nothing. Tried uploading to my Dropbox and fails every time. How do I view this on my computer in full resolution?

daraj

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
where do u enable 4K videos anyway? I cant find it????

Edit: I got it. Thanks,

Last edited:

roeiz

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
what? why can't you download any video file to your computer?

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Is there a way to determine right on the iPhone what a video's resolution and frame rate are? Last night I took a bunch of videos with different settings, and aside from zooming in during playback, it's hard to tell which are which. Needs to be a way to see the metadata that shows the video settings you used during capture.

Kevinsocal

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015
So. Cal.
Can you give me a step by step. I have uploaded 2 videos into youtube and its been in 1080p. Thanks.
Can you give me a step by step. I have uploaded 2 videos into youtube and its been in 1080p. Thanks.
Yes. And here is the CRAZY THING - I need to still run SNOW LEOPARD - and SLeopard does not support the latest iTunes version. And, iOS9 will not work without it. THEREFORE, I cannot back up my iPhone to my computer. I can't even get iTunes to recognize my iPhone. BUT, iPhoto still recognizes my iPhone.
ALL I HAD TO DO IS use the lightning cable that came with the iPhone6 and plug it into my computer. Then I open iPhoto. My new iPhone is instantly recognized and I can select the photos/video I just took and upload them into iPhoto. It could not be easier.
Try it and let me know if it works for you.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Is there a way to determine right on the iPhone what a video's resolution and frame rate are? Last night I took a bunch of videos with different settings, and aside from zooming in during playback, it's hard to tell which are which. Needs to be a way to see the metadata that shows the video settings you used during capture.
Just quoting myself to see if anyone has any suggestions on how to determine the resolution and frame rate of the videos you've taken on the phone without having to transfer video to pc? Something that will show the properties of videos?

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
It might depend on what drive you are watching it on, as when I watch on my 6s max resolution is 720p, on my iPad Air 2 it is 1080p max, and on my iMac it can be viewed in full 4K resolution

iAK

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2011
Just Airdrop it.
It's simple... first off you can only upload 4k using the desktop version of Youtube at this time - not your iPhone. If you if upload to the Youtube app from your phone it will only do 1080p

Airdrop to your Mac - than upload to to Youtube. It will be in 4k

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
It's simple... first off you can only upload 4k using the desktop version of Youtube at this time - not your iPhone. If you if upload to the Youtube app from your phone it will only do 1080p

Airdrop to your Mac - than upload to to Youtube. It will be in 4k

That's a change. The day I got my iPhone I tried uploading a video to YouTube from the phone and 4K was listed as an option. I checked it again now and it only shows HD as an option. The Oct. 5th release Youtube app must have removed the option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.