Any luck using the iPhone 1.1.3 JB on the touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lamina, Jan 25, 2008.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully jailbroken the 1.1.3 firmware on an iPod touch using the method posted yesterday.

Is there anything to be done differently with the touch?

2. Xenn0X macrumors regular

seen some people do it and worked but no january update possible due ipod seen as iphone.
    i'm holding off till real 1.1.3 ipod jealbreaker is there so i can still make use of my january updated apps.

3. cjd82187 macrumors member

It works fine, but I cannot get my purchased apps to load on it so I went back to factory settings since I don't want to use the hacked iPhone versions since they are a tiny bit buggy. Until I can get my purchased apps on it, I guess I will stay with an un-jailbroken touch.

4. lamina thread starter macrumors 68000

lamina

I guess I'll stick with 1.1.2+JB for now. It works great anyway. I'm just excited for the little bug patches and whatnot.

5. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

So for it to work on the touch do you need the $20 software update or can it work on a standard, pre-jailbroken iPod?

6. touchkid macrumors member

works

Yep, it works for me (I jailbroke to 1.1.3 from 1.1.2)

7. lamina thread starter macrumors 68000

lamina

Can you please direct us to the instructions/package you used? Thanks!

Are you using the iPhone software?

Also, can you tell us of any differences? Google Maps app working fine?

8. CrazyIvan macrumors newbie

iPhone JB on Mac

Hello all!

Good to see that jailbreaking is going fast-forward now!

I have a 1.1.2 Jailbroken 16 Gb Touch and I've been trying to get it 1.1.3 Jailbroken on my Mac. When I run Run_This on the terminal, it checks what firmware I'm using (either iPhone 1.1.1 or iPhone 1.1.2). When it's done, it says:

"Checking iPhone version...
    You have iPhone version .
    Sorry! You must have an iPhone 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 with Installer.app installed. Press Enter to exit."

Then nothing happens. Has anyone ecountered this? And how did you get around it?

Thanks!

J

9. cjd82187 macrumors member

well, I used the software for the mac wit a 1.1.1 touch that was jailbroken about 3 times and had no issues. First plug in the touch and make sure you see it in iTunes. Then hold down the power and home keys untill it dissapears from itunes. When it is gone from iTunes release the power button but contiue to hold the home butolton. Itunes should say it is in recovery mode after a few seconds. Then option + click the restore button and you can select a ok ation on your mac that has a 1.1.1 update package. Then after its is 1.1.1 go to jailbreakme.com and jb it. Then try the terminal script again, it should work =)

Edit: oh and after you run the thing in terminal make sure you turn your touch off before trying the 1.1.3 soft install thing in installer or you will get an error.

10. jacktiernan macrumors regular

Worked for me.... i was at 1.1.3 for about 10mins before going back to 1.1.2.

Installer issues, little 3rd party app compatibility, ugly dock, none of the new features.

Gonna wait a few weeks before trying again.

11. JHKL macrumors newbie

As I posted in another thread, it does work. But 1.1.2 is better as of now - little 3rd party apps *cough* no Mail *cough*.

Anyone know how to get the jiggly icons to move them around?

12. aki macrumors 6502a

Good to hear 113JB works on touch. One question, any problems for people who have moved some apps to the media partition to save space? Still work ok? I had read that could make some problems. (I used that other app, I -think- it was Bigboss? one - to move apps around.)

13. CrazyIvan macrumors newbie

Hey! Thanks a lot! Will try.

14. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

it(ibrickr) uses the iphone firmware(right now)

the official jailbreak is said to be released on saturday(crosses fingers)

hopefully they will release both at the same time

Note - it will work. . .but you will have bugs

15. cyberfreakct38 macrumors newbie

16. TheYankees1903 macrumors regular

Here

Works... Just remember when u run ibrickr to tell it to locate 1.1.3 on the computer so it uses the iPod Touch Firmware instead of the iPhone Firmware.

I am running it with a lot of success...

Best of Luck,
    TheYankees1903 :apple:

17. cjd82187 macrumors member

Well, I have the 1.1.3 touch download saved in the spot where the app looks for it, but when I use this instead of letting it download the 1.1.3 on its own, the soft upgrade does nothing and takes about 5 seconds to run. I just tried downloading it again, maybe this one will work.