Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearcatrp

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2008
Boon Docks USA
No regrets here. Awesome machine. This is my second Rev A laptop from apple. My 1st was a G4 powerbook, then my new macbook. Zero problems with either one. I love the size for portability. Bottom line is.. is the macbook you have now doing everything you need it to? Is it to slow for you? If your happy with it and working the way you want, keep it. Wait 1 year and grab the next generation which will be intel i7. That processor will smoke anything out now.

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
What a pointless thread. It is obvious that someone is trying to reassure himself that his old MB is better than the new one. I bet if your MB breaks tomorrow and Apple offers you a choice of a free replacement (white or aluminum), you'll take the aluminum in a heartbeat.

Duh. It's like saying even though you don't like the MacBook Pro's looks (we are talking prev gen when they looked different) and don't believe it's worth the extra, if Apple offered you one as a replacement of course you'd take it, to sell or keep.

The comment could be said about aluminum MacBook owners just as well, are you trying to assure yourself that the off battery cover you just noticed doesn't matter and the last generation was horrible anyway?

To make a short post even shorter, everyone has their opinion.

D.M.S

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
What a pointless thread. It is obvious that someone is trying to reassure himself that his old MB is better than the new one. I bet if your MB breaks tomorrow and Apple offers you a choice of a free replacement (white or aluminum), you'll take the aluminum in a heartbeat.

what a pointless assuming post.
You're obviously not very good at betting either.

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
I wish the display was better. I think the display ruins what would have been the perfect notebook.

tyreal

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2008
I haven't experienced a single issue. So, no on that front. Dropping $1500 on anything there's always a little bit of buyers remorse, but no regret.

Since I use a Firebox for audio recording, the lack of a firewire port is a bit of a hindrance, but I have a PC with pro audio apps for that.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
Purchased it and hated the display. After two weeks waffling, finally returned it and after showing store manager how relatively crappy it was, got a full refund.

Got a new Air and a MBP. Couldn't be much happier (matte would send me over the top...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.