Any mails app utilized notification widgets

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MisakixMikasa, Sep 21, 2014.

1. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

It would be cool if i can have notification widgets to access my email. Is there any mail app that utilized notification widgets? Thanks in advance.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What do you imagine being there? As in what would you utilize from something like that compared to the existing mail notifications that would appear in the notification center?

3. Baby Panda macrumors newbie

Precisely, need to be more specific. I'm sure apps like Accompli, CloudMagic, and etc. will add features over time. Hopefully someone will get something unique.

4. MisakixMikasa thread starter macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

I am imagine that I can quickly scan some new emails and old emails, like the widgets on Android (both home screen and lock screen). When it comes in, i can quickly glance all income emails.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

So a widget that shows the last let's say 5 or 10 emails in the inbox? Not just new/unread ones?

6. MisakixMikasa thread starter macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Yeah... The android version widgets let's me go back around 15-20 emails before need to open mail. This is quickway to check back some old email. If widgets allows search function will be even better. Quick way to access email without go back to home screen the open mail then search.

7. MisakixMikasa thread starter macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Thanks I will check that out

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It's not a widget, but the notifications will let you swipe and select delete or whatever. Working well so far.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

But probably only for new/unread messages that get push notifications, right?

10. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah. Does that bug you? You can turn off the sound for them and not have them on the lock screen...

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

No. I was asking from the point of view that the OP it seems was looking for something that would simply always give access to the 10 or so most recent emails rather than just the usual notifications of just new/unread emails. I'm not saying it's bad or anything just that it might not quite be what the OP was describing.

12. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Ahhh, right! I'm sure someone will do it.