Any Mavericks problems?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MiniD3, Oct 26, 2013.

1. MiniD3 macrumors 6502a

MiniD3

Hi Guys,
    Aperture is working a treat but my "new" iMovie running in Mavericks is a bit glitchy
    When I go to share project, (save it to desktop), it sometimes freezes and have to do a force quit and start all over
    The little blue wheel says its sharing but it don't move, just hangs
    Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet when my budget is stronger and get Final Cut Pro
    ....Gary

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

I can make the new Aperture simply by cropping a photo. It is VERY unstable and 100% repeatable in my Macbook. I've had go to iPhoto to get work done. I assume it might be fixed.

Works better in my iMac. I suspect because the MBP was only 4GB of RAM the iMac 12GB

3. adamneer macrumors 6502

I have noticed a lot of strange behaviors in photoshop, particularly with the line selection tool and refine edge tool. In after effects, most seems to be working fine, except one of my expensive plugins is now rendering much slower and even working in the timeline and effects panel is drastically slower when that plugin is applied and using OpenGL

4. Cordless_Drill macrumors regular

Cordless_Drill

iMovie

All kinds of trouble for me with iMovie.

Render times for the same videos have gone from 20 min to 70 min. No idea.

I'm not smart enough to figure out what's wrong. What a mess.

5. Byrnes3969 macrumors member

Imovie works great - except that it runs out of memory when working with large files and hangs

Compressor - does not export to DVD, gives the Qmaster can't be found error and there is NO solution yet.

I really like both programs but miss iDVD a lot

Compressor worked with mountain lion really well as a stand alone program but there are no templates

6. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

This is why I stay on stable releases until all the kinks are worked out....NEVER update your software in the middle of a project BTW....I discovered the hard way that 2 vital programs on my MBP only ran on Snow Leopard....anyways if possible I'd stay on Mountain Lion for a bit.

7. MiniD3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MiniD3