Any MBA issues with the new OS 10 release

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ZipZap, Feb 2, 2012.

1. ZipZap macrumors 601

I'm still on 10.7

Wondering if the latest OS upgrade has created any issues on MBA 2010 (what I have), or 2011 ?

Or fixed any...

2. mixvio macrumors 6502

I haven't had any problems, and as far as I can tell the update seems to have fixed my longstanding glitch where Image Capture wouldn't update to reflect the contents of my iPhone/iPad's camera roll and would immediately crash if I unplugged the device while it was running.

However I've only been using it for a couple hours. But so far everything seems normal to me.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

No issues for me so far. I think it has helped some of the "slow-wake" and wi-fi reconnection issues.

4. LordVic Suspended

no problems yet for me. ran and installed with no errors, and so far no erroneous problems after start

Safari does seem faster and smoother

5. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

I wasn't having problems before and I haven't noticed any since the update.

6. ttate90303 macrumors regular

Wake from sleep problems have gone away and instant on is back for me. since 10.7.2 I would see spinning beachball upon waking and slow response from waking. After 10.7.3 install I ran Disk Utility to Repair Permissions (old habit) and it found just a few that needed to be repaired. All is well.

7. gentlefury macrumors 68030

No issues on my MBA or my Mac Mini....my Mac Pro however had to be restored because when it restarted everything would crash upon opening and instead of buttons I got weird question marks all over everything. After restoring to the latest version however everything is fine!

8. captgecos macrumors newbie

captgecos

Which MP do you have? I didn't have any problem with the MBA upgrade but I might wait on my MP.

9. Chipg macrumors regular

10. jstntch macrumors newbie

No problems here. Just downloaded it this AM.

11. LordVic Suspended

Been reading a few people with this problem.

Apparently if you use the Software Update to upgrade to 10.7.3, and haven't done every single patch and update to this point, you run the risk of getting this happen.

The best way of avoiding this problem si the "combo updater" that apple has made available. This does a complete update from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 with all other patches. The file is bigger (i think 1.2gb). But nobody who's done it this way have reported this problem.

If you do use the online updater and you get the error. There are a couple fixes I've seen mentioned
    Restoring from backup and doing the combo updater is probably the "easiest"

But, the other option is using your MBA in target disc mode from another mac, and installing the Combo update to your target disc moded Mac. Apparently this completely fixes it with no need to roll back.

12. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I've been running Lion since the hour it was released and have installed every subsequent update. So its not that. I think its because I have never done a fresh Lion install on that computer...it was an update from SL which was an update from Leopard. So Im guessing wires got crossed along the way.

13. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

14. YosemiteSam81 macrumors member

YosemiteSam81

I updated last night and have had no problems. Working great!

15. willgreene99 macrumors regular

willgreene99

I did a clean install of the latest Lion DMG from the App store, which was version 10.7.3 and so I did not have to update after the installation. So far, all of the apps and drivers that I had issues with when I ran the upgrade from SL has disappeared. Even the drivers for my AT&T Elevate 4G HotSpot works with Lion now in USB mode, whew, I really needed that when I travel.

16. jsgreen macrumors 6502

I found that the brightness control wouldn't work on my 2010 MBA after upgrading to 10.7.3 - neither the keyboard brightness buttons nor the sliders in System Preferences had any effect (they indicated the brightness was being changed, but the screen did not change).

Rebooting cleared it up though.

Might seem minor, but brightness has a big impact on battery life.