Any men here buy the white iPhone 5? What case to use?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wishman35, Sep 21, 2012.

1. wishman35 macrumors regular

I am considering the white - but it seems to get its fair share of laughs when a guy wants to buy one.

Any cases make that sucker look sharper?

ThoughtS?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

If you are a guy, and you bought a white iPhone, be proud! Show it off! Don't cover it up! Who cares if they laugh at you? You have an iPhone 5!

So what if it is a girly looking phone?

3. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

Do you wear white shirts? I have the white iPhone 5 and love it. Why do you care what others think? Get what you like.

4. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I got the white one since it was all that was left at the AT&T store. My black one that I preordered will arrive soon, so I will see which one I like best and sell the other one. The white is kind of growing on me, though.

5. BB.King macrumors regular

Ordered a white one as well, tired of black colour showing oil and finger printers.

6. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I ordered a white one, it is waiting for me at home :D

My white 4S was great as well.

7. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'm a guy and I own a white 4S. I have never been poked fun at by my friends for owning a white phone.

If you're going to put a case on it, make sure it's a clear case so those who see it know it's a white iPhone 5.

8. iHawaii macrumors member

My wife and I both have the white 4s and my white 5 will be delivered today. A phone color causing people to laugh is laughable. It's a matter of personal preference...unless the iPhone owner is more concerned about perception than anything else.
    Besides, a fair number from another recent thread discounting the white phone as "girlie" have jumped ship faster than you can say "scuffgate" and are clamoring to get a white one.
    If you really need to make it more "manly", slap some NASCAR stickers on that bad boy.
    ;)

9. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Im a man, I bought the white one and I will use it naked.

10. wishman35 thread starter macrumors regular

/end thread :)

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

I saw a few men in line with white iPhone 4/4S. They looked straight to me but now a days you never know - but who cares. The white is great. I wanted a bumper, but it seems like Apple isn't coming out with them. So, I guess I'll order a case online somewhere.

12. Castle87 macrumors regular

Yeah but what are you gonna do with the phone. Put a case on it?

No but seriously, I bought a black, cheapo, emergency case from amazon and had it shipped overnight. Just to hold me till I get my bamboo grove case.

13. bobright macrumors 601

14. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

No one has ever told me my white iPhone 4 was girly.. except for a 6th grader that I tutor haha. If anything I get compliments because I match my phone with my case! Do it up like this, makes your phone stand out (minus the jailbreak for now.)

Here's my phone:

[​IMG]

I even have a magenta case I use from time to time, never gotten anything but compliments! Don't be afraid :)

15. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Be BOLD!

If I wanted white I would, too!

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Three of my five iPhones have been white. I don't really care what people think about me having a white iPhone. Case wise I usually go with an otterbox defender for use when I go hunting/anything outdoorsy.

17. nosnhojm macrumors regular

nosnhojm

18. ScionxB2k11 macrumors newbie

I bought my first white version of the phone this morning! I really like it. Although I do have to find a clear case, I am using without case right now and feel VERY nervous about it. Oh and I am a male, I also love the color purple(and I'm not gay..not saying anything wrong with that!) so if I can find a clear case with purple ill be all set!! Otherwise some sort of smoke color would be cool as well!

19. illusion787 macrumors newbie

20. JasJab macrumors newbie

JasJab

Its your money buy whatever colour you want I love my White Apple products :p

21. SqB macrumors 6502

I think of white as the classic :apple: color. I have had multiple white :apple: computers so it seems perfectly normal to me. But I also often wear pink dress shirts and don't have a problem with that either. My wife and daughter say I look great in them.

I've seen guys using the white SameSong phone, whatever it's called. Haven't seen anyone give them a hard time about it.

----------

Excellent idea.

22. NowhereOutThere macrumors member

I just bought a white iPhone 5, and I think it looks marvelous. The white glossy/anodized aluminum combo has been displayed by Apple before, especially with the wireless keyboard, Magic Mouse, and older aluminium Cinema Displays. The combo just looks great, and if people honestly dismiss it as being "feminine" then they obviously have their issues with their masculinity. ;)

23. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I thought these threads were done with already :p

Been white since day 1 of iPhone 4S launch and just received my white iPhone 5 today. All my furniture and other electronics are in white too. Although that's just the color matching OCD in me, the question of masculinity never crossed my mind. I think white is just classy and clean.

ZBoater is right. Be proud! :cool:

24. iamartimus macrumors 6502

I got the white today, first white phone ever! I wanted to get a case and screen protector, but they didn't have any screen protectors in stock. The cost of a case and screen protector would have been just as much as an otterbox defender, so I got that, but it's black. Looks really nice and feels solid! I like the iPhone 5 Defender case much better than the case for the 4.
    So yeah, I got a white Phone in a black case. The only other colors available was pink and purple...no thanks.:cool:

25. Mark Scheuern macrumors member

White Incipio DualPro. I'm really impressed with it. I have an OtterBox Commuter on order, too, but I like the DualPro so much I'm not sure how much I'll use it.

As for what people think, unless they want to pay for my phones I don't really care.