Any MINI Cooper owners out there!?!?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Alphakline, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

Did you purchase the extended warranty? I'm about to reach the end of my factory warranty and I was wondering if it's worth it. My car has had NO issues. Has any other owners purchased the warranty? Or if you did not purchase it have you had any issues afterwards ?

Extended warranty: $1700 for another 48,000 miles.

Thanks for the input

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I've had 2 mini's, but I traded in the first for the second before the first's warranty was up, and my second has a year of warranty left.

A good question to ask may be how long you plan on keeping this mini, if it's for a while then extending the warranty might be a good idea. If not, then maybe the money would be better spent as part of a down payment on a new car?

Also, what does the warranty cover / not cover? If there are lots of things that are exempt from coverage then it may not be worth it.

3. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Yes

I think it depends what year yours is. My friend's 2003 (I think) Cooper S has a pile of problems, especially with the fans. Either it wouldn't come on or wont shut off. It actually caught on fire before. There were a bunch of other problems as well.

My gf's old car was a MINI, it was very reliable, it was a 2006.

I think MINIs are not a good car to keep after warranty, they are extremely expensive to fix if something goes wrong.