Any more "big," spectacular gaming apps?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by bunger, May 10, 2010.

1. bunger macrumors 6502

It seems like there was a big dump of "big, spectacular" games released along with the iPad but hasn't been many more since. Does anyone know of any upcoming, high-end production games?

Examples of those already released:
    NFS Shift, Real Racing, Asphalt 5
    Brothers in Arms, NOVA, Iron Man 2
    Scrabble
    Geometry Wars
    Plants vs Zombies
    etc, etc

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

If you like sports games, I am sure that EA has something in the works - I don't recal if they have released anything other than Scrabble.

That said, they have some work to do...

3. firteen888 macrumors regular

I'm pretty dissapointed with the quality of games right now, I'm hoping there's some good stuff in the works.

4. akm3 macrumors 68020

You didn't list Mirror's Edge, which is a high production value game.

Overall I'm disappointed with it compared to the Xbox 360 game (which is one of my favorite games of all time) but it was fun to play Faith again :) There is replay in there if you are interested in time trials and bag hunting and such.

5. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

6. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

Command & Conquer has been scaled up, but it only supports local Wifi multiplayer. Someone needs to realise the potential for C&C/Starcraft style real-time strategy games as this is the perfect device for these games. If C&C supported online multiplayer, it could have the potential to be the biggest game on the iPad.