any more upgrades too buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by robindahlia789, Apr 13, 2009.

1. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

is there any other way too upgrade a macbook (uni) besides hard drive and RAM? just placed an order for 2X 2gb sticsk from OWC and already got a new hard drive. is there more too do?

2. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Looks like you covered all the bases. You could always get a notebook stand of some sort. I like my iLap. There are keyboard covers if you are into that kind of thing but I'm not a fan. There are also various cases which I think take away from the look and add needless weight unless you get something that is light and clear.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

4. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

I also got a hard case for the exterior (Speck Hard Case clear) to protect against dings/scratches, and got a keyboard cover / screen cleaner (Shaggmac.com).

You could also consider an external mouse or extra monitor, though one could argue that's it's not an "upgrade" to you MB specifically.

Otherwise, you should be all set!

5. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

I thought about something. Buy an external HDD for backups.

If you want a desktop external or have multiple computers to backup then get the Mercury Elite-AL Pro
    If you want a portable external then get the Mercury On-The-Go Pro.

6. svndmvn Guest

send it to colorwarepc
    switch the optical drive if you don't use it much with a second HD or an SSD.