Any mouse acceleration fix for Lion yet?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by theaero, Apr 5, 2012.

1. theaero macrumors 6502

I would like to reinstall Lion, but everytime I do, I remember the horror that was mouse acceleration in games. I found myself spinning around accidentally because of it, constantly.

I use Snow Leopard and I haven't done any terminal tweaks or anything, and I've found it to be just fine for games, but Lion is unbearable. Are there any fixes?

Thanks

2. lamboman macrumors 6502

3. theaero thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it absolutely essential to have to rely on third party software just to play a game? There are no terminal tweaks or anything? I may try controllermate.

4. lamboman macrumors 6502

What mouse do you have? If it allows on-the-fly speed adjustment you might be able to do without any external applications.

5. theaero thread starter macrumors 6502

MX518, but I only feel comfortable on the middle setting.

6. lamboman macrumors 6502

Try the console command in the link then set your MX518 to it's fastest setting, just to see if that helps :)

7. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I found this but it doesn't appear to work in lion, each command replies "is a directory"

http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/02/kill-os-x-mouse-acceleration-from-the-command-line/

Mouse accel is killing me and super obvious as the mac is on a KVM with two PC's. I don't know how anyone can use mouse acceleration.

I see steermouse mentioning mountain lion already, this still the accepted workaround? Any others?

8. lamboman macrumors 6502

USB Overdrive is another option, though Steermouse is easier to use IMO. If you have a mouse with on the fly DPI adjustment, you should be able to disable acceleration through the Terminal (as per my previous link) then increase the mouse sensitivity.

9. theaero thread starter macrumors 6502

Bumping this thread for Mountain Lion. Any fixes? Source games are near-unplayable.

10. jji7skyline macrumors 6502

jji7skyline

11. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

At first glance the default 1.0 appears to help quite a bit, thank you for posting.

For the mousepad do you know what I set it to that makes the pad only perform like stock? I feel apples settings for the pad are fine but just the mouse when docked sucked for me.

12. AllanMarcus macrumors newbie

13. theaero thread starter macrumors 6502

I've never had an issue with my MX518 and Mountain Lion. I use it every day without an single issue. The mouse accel issue I'm talking about is a global OSX thing.