Any mouse recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by galaksy, May 20, 2014.

1. galaksy macrumors 6502

Any recommendations for mouse? Ones that doesn't hurt your wrists.

2. Eva Thyssen macrumors newbie

Eva Thyssen

I have a nice Microsoft mouse. It was chewed by my adorable girl cat and it's still working great. Yep, Microsoft. They make nice hardware, don't they? ;)
    The only problem are the USB ports at the left side of the MacBook Pro. I'm right-handed...
    This is my very own MBP with my very own mouse.
    [​IMG]
    Although the mouse is compatible with OS X, the scroll wheel behaves quite weird. Up when you want down, down when you want up... but you get used to it.

3. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

It comes down to personal preference.

What works for some, may not work for others. What hurts one person's wrist, may not hurt others.

I like Apple's Magic Mouse, but I don't like the hassle of batteries, so I don't have one. A decent sized, basic black wired $10.00 Logitech does it for me. Those cute looking little streamlined jobs don't.

As to the left and right hand thing, I am also right handed. I tend to have books and such to my right, and am often writing or manipulating them. I generally find it more convenient to use the mouse with my left hand. It took a bit of getting used to at first, but now I am ambidextrous for using the mouse.

The other option is to find a mouse with a cable that is long enough to go right around the laptop, thus making it convenient to use on the right.

----------

You can change that:

System preferences > Hardware > Mouse > Scroll direction: natural (check or uncheck)

4. Eva Thyssen macrumors newbie

Eva Thyssen

Thank you! ;)

5. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

I like the logitech trackball when sitting on the couch. You can sit it on the right side of the track pad when you're not typing, or next to your leg.

6. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

I find the Magic Mouse great and comfortable, but I guess the message is YMMV and best to try the fit and shape of a mouse for yourself, difficult for others to say what will be comfortable for you.

7. Merode, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014

Merode macrumors 6502

Merode

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Just a good old Logitech wireless, infrared mouse works great on my MacBook Pro. Priced right too. That's my recommendation.

9. Giuly, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

10. arjo macrumors member

arjo

+1 for this. I've tried many, many pointing devices over the years (including a Waacom tablet) and the Performance MX is the best thing I've used to date. I own two of them; one for work and one for home.

11. yegon macrumors 68020

Same here re: Performance MX. Fits in my hand well, just the right amount of buttons without overburdening it with functions, and tracks perfectly on a varnished wood desk without a mouse mat.