Any MR folk on Diaspora yet?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by niuniu, Feb 13, 2012.

1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    It's currently in Alpha but stable enough for solid use. Looks really promising overall. I never had a Facebook or Myspace account so I guess this is my first foray into Social Media and I'm enjoying what I see so far. Community is quality (for now). Come come, need more Apple loving folk.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm not, and likely never will. I don't have a MySpace or a Facebook. I rarely ever log into Google +. I consider MacRumors to be my "social media site."

3. d4rkc4sm macrumors 6502

d4rkc4sm

sounds like a disease of the bowels, no thanks

4. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

I followed Diaspora in its early stages... but I don't believe it has any future.

The sad (apparent) suicide of their co-founder Ilya Zhitomirskiy late last year would seem to confirm this.

----------

It's actually a very good choice of name... being a technical term for population and cultural distribution.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Diaspora missed their chance. Everybody who cared at the time moved on from Facebook when there was that huge privacy kerfluffle last year. Now that's effectively out of the collective memory.

6. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I'll second that lol. I read the thread title and was like what is that some kind of new cancer treatment?

But no I am not on that site and probably wouldn't either, there are too many social media sites now a days and I'll just stick with my facebook and be done with it.