Any MR members from Las Vegas? (buying advice)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HannKett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. HannKett macrumors member

Hey folks,

I am off to Las Vegas tomorrow from Europe and I was hoping to be able to pick up a ipad mini at the local Apple store (which I assume they have in a city like Las Vegas :) ) it is my first time going there so I am not sure.

But I have a couple of questions:

1. Have you been to the Apple Store and seen if they have any ipad minis laying around? (Will stay for 2 weeks).

2. Are there any other stores in Las Vegas that sell apple stuff besides the Apple Store, that might have the ipad mini?

3. Is there any sales tax on goods in Nevada/LV?

Assuming I do not drink and gamble away all my hard earned cash, I would like to fill up a bag with stuff to bring back :)

Note: Yes we can get all this stuff in the EU but with my currency being so strong right now, I save about 20-30% on the price with a calculated imaginary 10% Sales tax. (in my country it is 25% :mad: )

Thanks!

2. bdj33ranch macrumors regular

There are 3 Apple Stores in Las Vegas:
    - Fashion Show Mall (north Strip)
    - Ceasar's Palace Forum Shops (center Strip)
    - Town Square (south Strip past Mandalay Bay)
    Also by Town Square is a huge Fry's Electronics store that carries some Apple products.
    Best Buy, WalMart also carry some Apple products.
    Prices will be similar in all of them.
    Expect to pay 8pct state sales tax above posted price.

3. HannKett thread starter macrumors member

4. Bankerts macrumors member

Definitely check out some of the non-Apple retailers if you don't find what you're looking for at the Apple Store. It's a strange phenomenon here in the States but around the launch of a new product there will be long lines at the Apple Store and Best Buy will have lots of stock and nobody there.

5. mariocapo macrumors member

Apple Stores are your best bet for new Apple products here. I'm a local and the other retailers barely get anything when a new hot product is launched and faces a shortage, yet the Apple Stores here, especially Forum Shops and Fashion Show Mall get lots and lots of product. Got my iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPad, and iPad 3 all on launch day due to this fact. It's your best bet. Good luck!!