Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jb60606

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Chicago
love the Nancy Boy Association or not, the Bulls/Celtics series has to be, at the very-least, the greatest first rounder in the history of the league if not the single greatest series of all time

• 6x games
  • 4x overtimes
  • 7x overtime periods total
  • 2nd Seed versus 7th Seed
  • Buzzer beaters
  • Flagrant fouls, stitches and bloody noses.
  • Young & athletic versus Old & Savvy
  • A team of superstars versus a combination of the young & hungry and cap-space saving has-beens or unknowns

... last but not least, a great young point guard duel featuring Rojan Rondo and rookie Derrick Rose.

A classic rivalry being reborn before our eyes.

p1.rose.jpg

on a more personal note: someone needs to roundhouse Rondo. I think the league's refusal to suspend/eject this guy for his obvious cheap-shots -- or at least admit the wrong-doing -- , speaks volumes about the preferential treatment they dish out. And he had his hand in the cylinder on that Hinrich "blown" layup that would have ended the game. If the league doesn't start distributing punishment fairly, players will take it into their own hands.

A040531_RUZ_NBA4_V.JPG

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
i still love watching the '86 Celtics. to me the best team of all time. being a Celtics fan i gotta admit the Cavs are probably going to the finals. just like the '86 Celts they have only lost 1 home game.

Furi Kuri

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2009
on a more personal note: someone needs to roundhouse Rondo. I think the league's refusal to suspend/eject this guy for his obvious cheap-shots -- or at least admit the wrong-doing -- , speaks volumes about the preferential treatment they dish out. And he had his hand in the cylinder on that Hinrich "blown" layup that would have ended the game. If the league doesn't start distributing punishment fairly, players will take it into their own hands.

If you hadn't already said that I would say the same thing now.

I used to like Rondo quite a bit, but he's just throwing out one cheap shot after another and it's getting ridiculous

hypmatize

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
SoCal
Gotta love the Bulls!!

and yeah totally agree with the op about rondo he shouldn't of even played in game 6. Someone needs to kick his ass

joshbing

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
San Antonio, Tx
I am really disappointed in the Spurs this year. They should have done better against the Mavericks. I think Duncan might be past his prime =(

ElZeus

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
The Bulls are back, if Rondo doesn't get disciplined he will be a marked man. Noah's break away dunk and the Rose block put the icing on the cake. I can't wait for game 7.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
F the Celts

I got tickets to the game tomorrow and I'm going to the garden and I'm gonna be disrespecting all them green heads. Hate the Celtics, Bulls in 09 baby all the way.

hypmatize

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
SoCal
I am really disappointed in the Spurs this year. They should have done better against the Mavericks. I think Duncan might be past his prime =(

Yeah I agree... But in Duncan's defence he did have some knee problems going into the series.

GO BULLS!!!!

I am going to pick the bulls winning game 7 in OT.

BTW the NBA should be ashamed of them selves for not suspending rondo. Especially since he did try to throw an elbow at Hinrich. Howard gets suspended for doing it but rondo doesn't...BS

Bulls fan since day 1.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California

Yeah, sorry to say but the Spurs are done, stick a fork in them already. With no Genobli you had no chance really. Past their prime for sure.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I got tickets to the game tomorrow and I'm going to the garden and I'm gonna be disrespecting all them green heads. Hate the Celtics, Bulls in 09 baby all the way.

lol, you're in for quite an experience ;)

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
You guys watching this Celtics/Bulls game?
They need to take out Miller (Bulls) and Scalbrine (Celtics). They're just taking stupid shots. That block when Scalbrine was wide open and still got blocked was amazing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.