any new call blocking apps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rtztgue, Apr 5, 2011.

1. rtztgue macrumors regular

I was using iblacklist from cydia on a previous jailbreak and now that I jailbroke 4.3.1 i wanted it again, but its $12.00 The version I had before allowed up to 2 phone numbers for free, then you had to pay... i guess thats gone now. Anyone seen a new call blocking app that is not so expensive

2. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

You know, I actually PAID for my iblacklist app and it blocks as many people as I want. I haven't been scammed.

If I'm reading your question right I'd say stop expecting something for nothing. Consider buying a program. Mcleaner also blocks calls.

4. Hannah Montana macrumors newbie

TrapCall blocks calls and also unblocks blocked numbers.

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Got anything to back that up or are you simply talking out your a**?

iBlacklist has always worked flawlessly for me and I've never seen any evidence that they're scamming people.

And OP, I've gotta agree with hackthatphone. You've got a $600 phone...if you can't afford $12 for a quality app, then maybe you couldn't afford the phone in the first place?

6. rtztgue thread starter macrumors regular

stop trolling... it was a simple question. Iblacklist used to be free for blocking up to 2 numbers, If you wanted more then you could pay. I dont need that. So I was asking if someone knew of another app that did the same thing and was cheaper or free. You get the same conversations with Tetherme and mywi. why pay mywi $20 when your needs can be served with tetherme for $5

but from what I see, its iblacklist or the mcleaner from above, which explains why they are getting $12.

Anyone have a preference between the iblacklist and mcleaner?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont know exactly what he meant with "scamming" but I remember with iblacklist if you get your iphone replaced or upgrade to a newer model you gotta keep buying a new licence. The licence was tied up to the serial number so if you have any problems and have to get it exchanged a few times what's going to happen? You gotta pay for the same app 3-4 times?

8. rtztgue thread starter macrumors regular

Thats a good bit of info. Anyone else have this happen with this app? I suppose if I have to choose between the two I will pick the one I only have to pay for once. if mcleaner allows redownloads