Any new support for Harmony using IR?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by applied2, Mar 29, 2016.

1. applied2 macrumors newbie

With the recent update has there been any changes to IR support? I use a Harmony remote and am missing buttons such as Home and others.

Related to the changes to how a show is rewound and fast-forwarded, what used to work to skip back/forward 10 seconds (pause, then left or right arrow) no longer works.

Is there any way to still skip back and forward 10 seconds via an IR remote?

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Go back to a PC and add them.

3. applied2 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's not how it works. There are no IR codes for some of the newer Apple TV functions such as 'Home'.

4. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Mine works fine. I use an iPod touch as a remote with a Harmony Hub in two rooms. In the spare we use a Harmony One Touch. Both have the other buttons. You have to add them through the software, although the home button did not need to be added.

5. chuyn macrumors 6502

I haven't seen a Home button yet. Which is a bit annoying in case an app freezes up and I want to force close, or quickly switch between apps but I can't.

6. applied2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, Harmony did add a button called "Home", but all it does it hold down the menu button, which means it works fine to go to the home screen, but not to switch or force close apps as chuyn said.

I was hoping with the update that they would let Harmony control the apple tv via BT or add additional IR codes.

Do you guys know how to skip back 10 seconds now with the Harmony remote?

7. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

The Harmony Hub I have has the ability to connect/control via Bluetooth as well as over WiFi and IR. It'll probably be easier for Logitech to support the new Apple TV by using WiFi or BT, or at least allow them to support it sooner rather than later. It's been my experience that they can sometimes be slow to add support for things, so I suspect they're probably working on it and we'll see some form of official support eventually with an update.