any new way to show seasons ....

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bergmef, Apr 4, 2014.

1. bergmef macrumors 6502a

Morning

Has anyone come up with a good way to fix what Apple did years ago for displaying tv shows? For me, to get to 'White Collar' or something else down the list, I still have to scroll through 3 seasons of 'Arrow', 6 seasons of 'Castle', 4 seasons of 'Downton Abbey' ... etc. I have over 2000 shows so I have a lot of seasons to go through. I use iVI and iflicks for tagging. I miss the old menu days when I would see just one 'Arrow', 'Castle', 'Hogans Heroes', 'Magnum PI' ... etc

I submit it on the feedback page for the ATV but they probably have me blocked by now.

Any good suggestions out there?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I wish they were laid out the same way the iTunes purchased ones are - with the large artwork of the most recent season but with all the seasons behind that when you click on it.

Also, no search? Really? in 2014 I can't just start typing on the Remote app an have it show me the content on my computer or the store?

3. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

hopefully an updated ATV will have a massively overhauled UI

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Hopefully not with ugly flat neon design. :(

5. kmoreau48 macrumors member

kmoreau48

Could you use the remote app to control your itunes library directly instead of passing by the apple TV? I just tried it and it still shows all the seasons of each TV shows but at least you can search your library

I don't have this issued because I have my macbook pro on my lap when I watch a TV show using the apple TV.

6. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

I use playlists and folders to simulate the old ATV menu. I never scroll down the first TV menu (unless I haven't made a playlist yet). I click THE menu 'Playlists' first, and then use my playlist organization method.

HTH