Any new word on Sprint data speeds?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by docgerrard, Oct 20, 2011.

1. docgerrard macrumors 6502

Do people still think it will increase over time (obviously to a level less than ATT and Verizon, but at least to one where the app store is usable?)

Has anyone talked to Sprint recently?

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

3. JNaut macrumors member

Sure, it's possible that speeds will improve, but I'm not willing to risk being stuck on a 2-year contract to find out. I returned my Sprint phone and went to Verizon.

4. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Speed is tolerable in my area of MICHIGAN but I did talk to a sprint tech who told me that between now and January they are doing tower upgrades all over MICHIGAN anyway and speeds should improve. Take that for what it's worth but I figure I'll just cancel and port over to AT&T if they don't get great when the iPhone 5 drops next year.

5. jwilcox09 macrumors member

jwilcox09

In boston the speeds aren't too terrible. I can get up to a mb/sec sometimes, lol. But I am on wifi at work and home, and pandora works fine on my commute, so no complaints. I do hope they will get a little better though

6. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

i don't think i'd trust a tech's word to be committed to sprint on contract

7. docgerrard thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah the techs definitely do not know what they are talking about

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a family plan. But fortunately, to get what we have all of the other carriers (we don't qualify for any employee discounts), it would be more than $50 a month more. So is it worth it? Definitely yes.

The techs keep telling me they are working on fixing low data speeds in my area. Do they just tell this ************ to everyone?

8. 2mur macrumors newbie

They're awful in Baltimore. I really *love* having 4-5 bars of coverage with a small little 'o' next to the 'Sprint'. That means no data coverage.