Any New Yorkers around? A question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBug2, Sep 11, 2014.

1. iBug2 macrumors 68040

Thinking of visiting NYC around October 3rd. Do you think there will be stock of iPhone 6 in retail stores in NYC by then? It'll be two weeks after the launch, anyone remembers how the retail stock situation was for the previous models around 2 weeks after launch?

2. audiofx macrumors regular

Likely will be sold out here two weeks after launch. Likely, not certainly.

3. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

I recall the grand central store having a big supply last year, but at the same time there are tons of people buying it there.

No one knows how supply will hold up to demand for the 6, as it's a redesign and likely to be more popular than the 5S.

4. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

When i bought my iPhone 5 from the 59th St apple store around that time they updated their inventory at 10pm everyday. Don't know if its still like that but that was how i was able to secure mine. I purchased it one week after release with it still being sold out in many places. Bought it at like 10:12pm and picked it up at 1am same night.

5. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

My friend walked into the 5th Ave Apple Store and bought his 5S on launch day without a reservation. It's a Space Grey 64GB, so that probably helped.

6. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I think the small capacity devices tend to sell out faster than the larger capacity ones do in general.

7. iBug2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Yeah I'm going for space grey 128GB. May not be the hottest selling model, but also stores will probably get less stock for that.

8. MacFriedRice macrumors member

It was all about the gold 5S last year. They were hard to get.