Any New Zealanders put off by price increases :mad:

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mklnz, Oct 14, 2008.

1. mklnz macrumors regular

White Model = $1848 NZD ($1138 USD), Increased by $150 NZD ($92 USD)
    New Al Models (Can't really compare directly since they're new but compare to middle config: )
    New 2.0GHz = $2399 NZD ($1478 USD), increased by $200 NZD ($123 USD)

MBP Base Model = $3699 ($2279 USD), increased by a whooping $500 NZD ($308 USD)

Why increase the pricing during a recession? :(

2. Tourist macrumors member

'Cause if you hadn't noticed the Kiwi Peso( and Aussie$) have had the cr@p kicked out of them recently, something to do with financial Meltdown and Global Armageddon last week .

3. andrewag macrumors 6502

I'm a little annoyed at the price increases too. I know our dollar is down, but when it was almost on parity with the US the value was not passed onto us so that argument doesn't fly in my opinion.

MacBook Air also went up a couple of a hundred too.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^^Um, yeah, the Aussie dollar was near $0.95 -- $1 for around 7-10 days. Apple totally should have updated all their prices to reflect the week where the dollar was on par with the dollar, rather than the value it was at for months upon months, which was within the $0.85 to $0.9 range.

5. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

That's nothing. The entry level MacBook in Korea is now at the same price the high end one used to be (1.5 million won), and the top of the line aluminium MacBook is now 2.5 million won with the middle one being 2.0 million won.

For the top of the line model that is an increase that comes to about US$1000 (1000 won buys about what a dollar does).

Even given recent exchange rates that is a joke (especially given the price of competitors here). Apple will sell close to zero of the Aluminum MacBooks here because they were already expensive compared to the local products, and now they are officially a joke. I'd be surprised if Apple sells more than a few hundred.

I'm glad I bought my blacbook six months ago. If I need a new machine now, I'll have to get an Ubuntu machine, since Apple has priced itself out of the market here.