Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skywalkrNCSU

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
I apologize ahead of time if this has been beat to death already but google didn't exactly turn up anything great so I figured I would ask over here.

I am in the market for a new phone and am seriously considering an iPhone but I have heard people talk about a new version of the iPhone 4 coming out that addresses the antenna issue. I don't want to go drop a few hundred dollars on a new phone and then have a better version come out a month later so I was wondering if there is any validity to these rumors.

Thanks in advance.

bigddybn

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
I worried about this a week ago and now I wonder why.

A new version isn't coming. Any cheap case fixes the issue. You could literally cut clear packing tape to size and put it on the antenna bands and it would fix it.

Worry less. Play more.

skywalkrNCSU

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
That is pretty much what I am thinking as well, I just want to make sure since I still have a couple weeks before my contract is up...figure I might as well research it.

I the next few months there is a strong possibility that I will be going through some phone interviews and I would really rather not have a phone that is undependable for that and I don't have a landline so my cell is my main resource.

simple20

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
That is pretty much what I am thinking as well, I just want to make sure since I still have a couple weeks before my contract is up...figure I might as well research it.

A few more weeks? Why not just wait for the 5, or '4s'? Especially if you are concerned about the antenna problem?

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
plus chances are you'll get an iPhone that doesn't have the antenna issues as not all of them have a problem with it. ignore the naysayers, out of about 20 people i know, we could only replicated the death grip issue one 1 phone. so it's pot luck if you get one with the flaw

Showtime3

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
plus chances are you'll get an iPhone that doesn't have the antenna issues as not all of them have a problem with it. ignore the naysayers, out of about 20 people i know, we could only replicated the death grip issue one 1 phone. so it's pot luck if you get one with the flaw

wrong. all the phones are engineered the exact same.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
A few more weeks? Why not just wait for the 5, or '4s'? Especially if you are concerned about the antenna problem?

Why would a few more weeks make it any better to wait for a phone that's not coming out until mid next year? Seriously, If you want and like what the phone has now, buy the thing. If you think there are specs that will be improved that you need in the next iteration, wait for it, or find another phone that fits your needs.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
You know what... if there is going to be a new iphone 4 they should think about this..

- a front led light for missed calls, messages or any other alert.

If you miss a call you will see a small light in front of the iPhone just like the one you have in your macbooks when it goes to sleep mode.

That would be so cool...

NaomiSmithxO

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2010
London
You know what... if there is going to be a new iphone 4 they should think about this..

- a front led light for missed calls, messages or any other alert.

If you miss a call you will see a small light in front of the iPhone just like the one you have in your macbooks when it goes to sleep mode.

That would be so cool...

This won't happen, an iPhone is an iPhone, a Blackberry is a Blackberry.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
This won't happen, an iPhone is an iPhone, a Blackberry is a Blackberry.

So that small light is a Blackberry thing?... I'm not saying like the ones you see in a Blackberry. I'm talking about the same light you have in the macbooks when they go to sleep... That's an Apple thing!!!

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
wrong. all the phones are engineered the exact same.

I agree. I getbad service as it is at my home. If I take off the case and hold it the wrong way I'll drop any calls and can't use any data. My phone always shows one bar but all of my calls drop. At school in San Francisco I'll hold it the same way and I won't drop a single bar or lose data. I think it just depends on how the strength your getting already is. A strong signal won't fade, but a weak one will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.