Any news about the IPT 5g in Apple stores?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jedisaga, Oct 10, 2012.

1. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

All,

Has anyone heard when Apple will have the new ipod touch 5g in their stores? I called this afternoon in the Philadelphia area and nada...

J

2. matneh macrumors regular

Apple Store in Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL received some stock today. I picked up a 32GB black one.

3. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

Ugh, I called the Apple store in Christiana Delaware and they said "October"

4. MicroByte macrumors 6502

Seems like they are getting 32GB blacks models the most, that's the only one available from my store.

5. ktsui01 macrumors newbie

6. georgepelyva macrumors newbie

Called Fifth Ave. store,they hope to get it.Dont have it yet.

7. gerbilbox macrumors regular

I called the Apple Stores in Berkeley, CA and Emeryville, CA, and they are carrying the 32 GB models. No 64 GB ones yet, so still waiting.

8. garyp609 macrumors newbie

Just picked up a 32GB Black at The Pier in Atlantic City, NJ. They had a black and blue only.

9. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Strange, I called the Apple store in my area and they confirmed to have them but said they will not be selling until tomorrow on a first come first serve basis. I don't know if the guy on the phone was being honest with me or if they really are holding them until tomorrow for some reason.

10. theshebab macrumors newbie

You have to be somewhat persistent if you want to get your hands one of these guys early. I called 5 or 6 apple stores near me (Los Angeles), most of which said some variation of "NO WE DONT HAVE IT" or "ITS ILLEGAL FOR ME TO TELL YOU WHEN WE'D GET IT," which was kind of ridiculous. The last one I called in the afternoon said they had JUST received a shipment, and when I rolled in there they had them hidden in the back, and no displays were out yet. I ended up talking to the same guy I had talked to on the phone, and he brought one of the iPods from the back in the color I had asked about, and that was that. I'm sure most of the people in the store weren't even aware they had the new iPod touches in stock!

Anyway...rockin' away with my snazzy blue iPod touch ;) LOVE THIS THING.

11. georgepelyva macrumors newbie

NYC Fifth Ave. store still not have it.Perhaps tomorrow?

12. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

iPod touch 5g available at palisades mall in NY I call 4 times to confirm.

13. ktsui01 macrumors newbie

5th Ave NYC store only has the Black 32GB one; no other colors at the moment. I went to the Grand Central terminal store, they had all colors except for Red, but only in 32GB.