iPhone Any news on IOS6 GM JB for 4s?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fins831, Sep 13, 2012.

1. fins831 macrumors 6502a

I know in the previous betas the hole was still there for JB, or so I heard, and was wondering if anyone has heard about the GM and if they think the JB for the 4S is going to be fast.

I just don't want to spend the money upgrading to the 5 and want to keep my 4S for a year, and JB the new iOS6 because its decent.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. fins831 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I know its early, just curious why the 4S isn't on that list on redsnow, is there a problem that I am not aware of?

4. chopples macrumors newbie

Yes the problem is the 4s doesnt have a bootrom exploit like the other devices listed (limera1n)

5. fins831 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, is this exploit associated with the A5? and if so, I am guessing 4S jailbreak will take awile...

Same with A6 (iphone 5)

6. chopples macrumors newbie

afraid so mate, Limera1n only works on a4 devices and older, even then it is only tethered and requires a further exploit to be fully untethered

early days, may take a while, then again there maybe exploits out there already found, but it takes time to put it all together in a usable package.

Just need to be patient, if you require the features of a jailbreak then stick at 5.1.1. If the improvements to Siri, turn by turn are more important then upgrade and run it stock :)

7. fins831 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bleh, I want it all haha...

If i go stock I might as well get a 5...even though I hate spending money haha

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

FYI the A6 might take even longer to jailbreak at least the A5 they have learned some thing the A6 however will probably offer new challenges. Also it could be months before either gets a jailbreak.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Because the 4S cannot be JB on the 6.0 beta. The exploits used on 5.1.1 are closed now by Apple.
    So if they have an exploit available to JB the 4S on 6.0 they're not going to reveal it to Apple on a beta release or even early GM release.
    They want to wait till they get their hands on the i5 to see if any saved exploits they might have available will also work to JB the new iphone.

10. fins831 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well, heres hoping, cause I resisted spending my money last night and am going to stay on my S cycle, so I would love to upgrade to iOS6 next week and read that a JB for the 4S is coming, even in tethered form, to make me feel better...:)