Any News On Lion Integration For Office??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by westmeadow, Jan 23, 2012.

1. westmeadow macrumors newbie

I know this has been asked before, but it's been a long time so I thought a new thread was in order...
    I know Microsoft said Lion integration is coming in office for Mac (http://is.gd/8KFx46). They said it would be "likely measured in months, not days." So does "months" mean 6 months? 11 months? 18 months? Ten million months!?? Sorry I am so impatient, but I am really excited about Autosave, Versions, true Fullscreen, and other Lion features and I would love for them to be integrated into Office (2011 esp.) where they would be extremely valuable. I know I can just spend money and get iWork, but I already have Office and, imo, Office is a significantly superior application suite at this point (minus the mission Lion features!). I also acknowledge that it probably takes a lot of programming to make an upgrade like this, but this is Microsoft we're talking about. They've come out with some crap in the past, sure, but the Office team has consistently shown they know what they're doing (with some debatable exceptions). My point is they aren't anywhere near amateurs and they have had quite a while to work on an integrating these features. Has anyone heard anything on this since 6 months ago??