Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is yet anyway to make my @me.com email my default email address on my Apple ID rather than a secondary email address... all my store purchases still going to my old email address.

Im still stuck with xxx@hotmail.co.uk as my apple ID and want my @me.com email as my only email and as my Apple ID....

Thanks

jAMES

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's simple for apple to fix just don't know why there dragging there heels!

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's simple for apple to fix just don't know why there dragging there heels!

in my oppinion, I think the problem lies with the mobile me merging.... but by looking at my apple ID (via the apple website) it looks as though its a simple case of doing one of two things:

1. Allowing users to have whatever Apple ID they choose (e.g. non-email format), with the @me.com emaill address just listed as an email address with the option of adding additional addresses.

or

2. Having an option next to the alternative email address (@me.com email address) to make it primary, which in turn make the @hotmail.co.uk an alternative with the option of deletion.

Obviously the second option would be alot easier for apple to implement, as it would be a simple straight forward process.

It just tickles me how apple can create such magnificant products like the iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad etc... but struggle with a simple thing such as this...

I would just love my devices to be all apple including the Apple ID, they are basically forcing us to have a dormant email address which is basically only going to be used for iTunes receipts and apple newsletters.

----------

in my oppinion, I think the problem lies with the mobile me merging.... but by looking at my apple ID (via the apple website) it looks as though its a simple case of doing one of two things:

1. Allowing users to have whatever Apple ID they choose (e.g. non-email format), with the @me.com emaill address just listed as an email address with the option of adding additional addresses.

or

2. Having an option next to the alternative email address (@me.com email address) to make it primary, which in turn make the @hotmail.co.uk an alternative with the option of deletion.

Obviously the second option would be alot easier for apple to implement, as it would be a simple straight forward process.

It just tickles me how apple can create such magnificant products like the iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad etc... but struggle with a simple thing such as this...

I would just love my devices to be all apple including the Apple ID, they are basically forcing us to have a dormant email address which is basically only going to be used for iTunes receipts and apple newsletters.

Just to add to this, I also do not understand how we cant use our icloud email addresses as Apple ID's but yet new customers can by simply going to icloud in settings and setting up and apple id on any ios device.... but doing this means that you start with a fresh account with no purchase history!

jackrv

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
I'm not sure how I ended up being able to do this, but when I had MobileMe, it let me use my email as my appleid. Now that I migrated to iCloud, my appleid and primary iCloud @me email are the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.