Any news on NRC app updates?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by infinitejest, Sep 20, 2017.

1. infinitejest macrumors 6502

infinitejest

I've heard (in a podcast, I believe) that they will add voice assistant to the Watch app but can't find anything about it. Does anyone know anything!?

This feature would actually be a reason for me to upgrade my Series 1 to Series 3 to leave my phone at home while running.

2. mk313 macrumors 6502a

There is a little blurb about it on the Watch page on Apple.com when you select the Nike version. I don't remember much about it though.

3. infinitejest thread starter macrumors 6502

infinitejest

Oh wow, you are right. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man :)

4. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

I think they might release the update when the AW Series 3 Nike+ version is ready next month - I've had to abandon my NRC app with WatchOS 4 - really unreliable

5. infinitejest thread starter macrumors 6502

infinitejest

What kind of problems do you have? It works perfect for me.

6. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Since updating to WatchOS 4, the app very often crashes when I try to finish my workout on my watch (Don't think it made a difference if I started it on my watch or my phone) and even worse, sometimes it crashes during a run...
    Ran a marathon September 10th and started the run on my iPhone (on me primarily for Spotify) and around the 35 km mark the watch app crashed on my watch and continued on my phone - now I had voice feedback in my Airpods regarding time and distance but the app tried to restart on my wrist and somehow was around 800 meters behind and even worse 3-4 minutes behind... This is just beyond unacceptable during an important run - My watch became totally useless and I could have just run with my phone on me and the airpods... And that's NOT why I have it :mad::mad::mad:

So for now I use the build in :apple: and just manually enter them on Nike+ community (I have a challenge going on with a friend) :)

7. infinitejest thread starter macrumors 6502

infinitejest

That’s really unfortunate. Crashes have only happened to me twice probably, but that was still on watchOS, 2 I think.
    I start my workouts on my iPhone as well, I have a Series 1, so it’s always with me anyways.
    Not sure what causes the issues but I hope the new NRC update will fix your problems with the app.

8. Hertz77 macrumors member

Only one that I haven’t had crashes on with Watch alone is run keeper

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

NRC has been pretty solid for me. Early on (last fall) it has some issues with failing to upload the map/gps track but still captured the other bits. Fixed in an update and has been fine ever since.

Makes you wonder why it's crashing for some but not for others. I never use it with my phone; that stays behind for most runs.

10. john991 macrumors 68000

Should be out in the next few days according to Nike support!

11. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

That is great news!

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'd expect it to release on or before the 5th, coinciding with the watch release.

13. john991 macrumors 68000

Did a run on the treadmill today, usually I run outside. Nike run app reported inside run, yet in the activity app on iPhone it shows I ran outside!

I sure hope the new NRC comes out ASAP!

14. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

It’s out!

Attached Files:

15. john991 macrumors 68000

Let’s hope it’s stable.