Any News On Quicktime & Aspyr ??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jamesc7770, Jan 29, 2009.

1. jamesc7770 macrumors newbie

I'm sure most people know about the problems with the new Quicktime software update 7.6 and Aspyr games, well if you didn't... for one reason or another Call Of Duty 2 ( and I'm sure many other games) will not run now that I have installed the quicktime software update 7.6 (thanks Apple)!! I have only had the game a few days and was quite enjoying it. Anyway it's not the end of the world if it won't run but can anyone tell me if Apple are actually doing anything about it? I guess the same question goes to the people at Aspyr, I mean they must be at least a little bit cross? I know I am.

So Any News would be great
    I should be somewhere in northern france in 1944!

2. MaTUC macrumors regular

AHA! So that's the reason The Sims 2 won't open!..haha

3. mechanical mind macrumors newbie

I called both Apple & Aspyr about this. Apple denied any responsibility on the first call and wanted to charge me since my Apple Care was expired. Aspyr was good, explained that it affect nearly every one of their OS X games and that they were trying to get Apple to repair the glitch. Aspyr suggested I call Apple back with my case number and complain, which I did.

The Apple tech again denied responsibility until I told him that I had just called Aspyr. Then he got a bit edgy and told me to do an Archive & Install of my OS, the stop short of Quick Time 7.6. I told him that is unacceptable, they created the trouble and should be expected to repair it, not me or Aspyr. (I have done Archive & Installs 2x on my iMac and ALWAYS loose something that requires hunting down on the back ups.)

All that said, I'm still happier with my iMac than I was with my Windows OS systems, so I'm waiting for the next Quicktime update to see if Apple does the right thing. Otherwise a lot of us are going to do Archive & Installs or Aspyr will have to spend many, many hours to patch all their games.