Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I can't answer for a windows share, but Lion broke AFP for NAS, so that TimeMachine no longer works.

All NAS owners who upgraded to Lion and are facing this problem will need to wait for their vendor to fix it.

In your case you need to hope that apple fixes the problem since I doubt you'll see MS address the issue

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I can't answer for a windows share, but Lion broke AFP for NAS, so that TimeMachine no longer works.

All NAS owners who upgraded to Lion and are facing this problem will need to wait for their vendor to fix it.

In your case you need to hope that apple fixes the problem since I doubt you'll see MS address the issue

I think I remember seeing your name talking about Synology. If my recollection is correct, I thought you'd like to know that they released a beta DSM that fixes AFP and reenables Time Machine on Lion :-D. Available for download via their website - not final for the Control Panel downloader yet.

CallumCc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Machester, UK

That's what I was afraid of, I doubt that Apple will do anything, hopefully someone will come out with a solution :)

CallumCc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Machester, UK
This may sound stupid but.... If I was to get the Time Machine.app from Snow Leopard and put it onto Lion, could that work? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.