Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tony Earl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
anyone know if the dev team has been able to jailbreak the new bootrom?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

You should ask that question here ---> http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

You should know that if an untethered jailbreak (I guess that is what you are trying to ask) for the new bootrom is found, it likely won't get released until after Apple releases the new 4G phone this summer. If it is released before then, Apple will likely change the hardware in the upcoming model.

Tony Earl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
do they monitor it that closely?

what do u tink the 4g is gonna be like because the 3gs wasn't that major!

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2009
the upgrade from the 3g to 3gs is just like the update from leopard to snow leopard. faster speed and a few more features were apple's intentions.

Mademan12321

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
Typical protocol

They will add features that others have implimented and want us to praise them for it. I can however see them noticing the trend, plus noticing all the AT&T backlash and try to add a slew of new features to compete with the ever growing market. We just won't know until either summer or possibly Jan 26 (not likely).

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
do they monitor it that closely?

what do u tink the 4g is gonna be like because the 3gs wasn't that major!

I disagree, the speed increase in the 3GS over 3G is a huge factor.

As stated, Apple is being forced to stay competitive so they will have to likely improve the speed of the phone again, plus open up alot of things previously restricted.

They will likely upgrade the GPS functions as the 3GS has poor GPS ability, likely fix the Wifi issues hitting both vanilla and JB phones plus I expect a whole new look to the phone firmware, something fresh including built in lockscreen themes and possibly a variety of application launchers.

strike1555

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
Considering that geohot is considering selling a device to carry around for the jailbreak, unfortunately I would say that things are not looking so good.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008

Actually, they did jailbreak it. But they are not releasing it because,they're trying to set a new world record for the number of times this question gets asked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.