Any nice folio/fold out ipad cases available now?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mavfan11, May 17, 2010.

1. mavfan11 macrumors member

Hi, on a trip to London and Dublin at the end of next week and I'm having trouble finding any nice folio style ipad cases in stock anywhere. Several say they'll start shipping May 31 or in early June but I leave on the 28th.

I like the Marware, United SGP and other folios, especially the slimmer ones, I just can't find them in stock where I won't have to wait until after my trip to get ahold of one. Price isn't a huge factor though I'd like to spend under $100.

Any guidance would be appreciated. thanks, J

2. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Take a look at the Marware Eco-Vue and Eco-Flip on Amazon. They are only pre-order directly from Amazon but there are other merchants listed under More Buying Choices for both that currently have stock and the prices all seem competitive. I have the Eco-Flip and am very happy with it--well made, nice texture, easy to get iPad in and out.

3. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

4. iRance macrumors regular

I have the incase convertible book jacket and I love it.I tried the apple one too but it gets too dirty and it's not that stable.

5. phil75 macrumors newbie

Have you seen Proporta Recycled Leather Case or DODOcase for iPad? Hope it helps!

6. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Dodocase is very nice looking...ordered one yesterday but considering the wait time (site says 4-6 weeks delivery, probably longer considering they are just fulfilling order #s in the 1000s--mine was 8450 yesterday) not really an option for the OP if he wants a case before his trip.

7. mattyuk macrumors 6502

mattyuk

I just bought a cheap one off ebay.

The LuvMac case seems pretty decent so I buckled and got one. At least it will be here for the ipad when that arrives. Now all I need is how to buy the groovy dual or bookarc.

[​IMG]

8. Ruby02 macrumors newbie

Yep. Dodocase is really great. i just get mine yesterday.

9. Houls macrumors member

Bookstand

I just bought the MacAlly Bookstand from J&R's. They shipped it from New York and I had it in Massachusetts the next day. Pretty good product. I also have the Apple case which I use at work. Good Luck.

http://www.jr.com/macally/pe/MCY_BOOKSTAND/

10. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Same here. I have both and I prefer the Macally Bookstand. It is very slim, clean-looking, fully exposes the controls, speakers, and port. It helps keep the iPad thin and portable.

11. Macdicted macrumors regular

I hate flaps !

I bought the Elan Passport and can't wait to find a perfect case.

12. mavfan11 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the ideas. I ended up getting a marware. It's a bit thicker than I'd like but that's not a deal breaker. Overall I like it a lot.