Any nicely equipped ibook users?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jchase2057, Feb 21, 2011.

1. jchase2057 macrumors regular

As you can see from my signature ive upgraded just about everything. What you dont see is that i replaced the keyboard with a g3 ibook keyboard and i replaced the white apple with bruce willis from the die hard dvd cover lol. I would like to add a superdrive next and i want to replace the white keys with black keys from a tibook if i can ever find them at a decent price. I got this computer a few months ago and it has so far cost me 250. What ibooks are you guys running and what are your specs/mods?

2. max¥¥, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011

max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

wow! you've done alot to that ibook, my current ibook g3 is pretty stranded (execpt the 60gb hdd, superdrive and 348mb of ram) i did have a ibook i painted black with a blue apple logo, homemade ssd + more ram will see if i can dig out the thread with pictures

Edit:Here's the thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=674815 (all but 1 picture at the very end are completely rubbish tho)

3. jchase2057 thread starter macrumors regular

Nice. I want to put a g3 top case on mine so i could remove the paint and paint it black. Not sure if it will fit though. That or cut a new design to replace the apple logo.

4. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

When my girlfriend bought a new MacBook Pro she donated her iBook G4 to me. It's the 2004 1.2GHz 12". It is my designated sofa computer. Runs 10.5 quite well also.

The RAM is maxed out to 1.25GB and it still has the stock 60GB HD. Great machine.

5. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

you can't remove the paint from the top case (you can for the rest of the case tho) just spray it, thats what i did.

6. jchase2057 thread starter macrumors regular

Ive done it before. The g3s were clear plastic painted white on the inside. Some rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush and youre good to go. What im not sure of is if it will fit on a g4.

7. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

Same idea with the side panels on all the G4 towers. Paint on the inside that some have removed.

An example:
    [​IMG]