Any nMP users smoke cigars?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Gav Mack, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Cos I had a FaceTime with my client in Lagos earlier and after a few big puffs of his fat Cuban down the bottom it looked like a twister in slow motion coming out the top of his can :D

I know it's bad for it's health with the tar, nicotine and all that but a one off airflow experiment can't do much harm. Didn't repeat the experiment under load so can anyone help?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Sorry, I'm sure it's my fault, but I'm not clear on your question. Can anyone help with what?:)

3. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

I once bought a laptop from a cigar smoker....thing smelled horrible....read about a trick of putting object into plastic bag with cup of vinegar,sealing and leaving for a day or so......it worked! Next day smell was gone!

4. Gav Mack thread starter macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Apologies - I don't mean to endanger anyone's health or their computer from noxious gases. I know their can is their new 'precious' but we both burst into laughter and went back to business after. I can't think of a better substitute for a thick enough smoke to repeat the experiment than a cigar to study the airflow patterns from a nMP. I'm tempted to ask his secretary to cut a circle out of cardboard roughly the size of the aperture sellotaped to biro to see if it makes smoke rings for next time :D

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

As a cigar smoker, but not a nMP owner, I know that cigars (and all tobacco products) will leave tar behind with frequent exposure. I have one good sized cigar each day, and my glasses require cleaning with a Zeiss pre-moistened cleaner, or soap and water, after a period of time. Anything exposed to frequent tobacco smoke will develop a film of tar requiring cleaning...which is why I never smoke in the house.

Vinegar is an acid...I'm not sure it's that great for your laptop. It will certainly kill the offensive smell, but might not the acid corrode the electronics?

6. nathan43082 macrumors member

Sorry. Can't help you. I can't ****** stand cigarette and cigar smoke.

7. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

Did this well over a couple years back,laptop still running like new.

8. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

+1:)