Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I don't know if you fellow Canadians feel like I do, but it feels like we're on the backburner once again. I mean, the US can already pre-order their iPad's and have them delivered in 2 weeks, and Apple hasn't even announced Canadian pricing!! Canadians don't even know what the thing will cost to us, and we have to wait another 1.5 months to even get one.... I'm certainly feeling a bit discouraged with it all. You think they could at least tell us how much it's going to cost...

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Not that I'm particularly interested in getting an iPad, but I don't really feel left out. The distribution of the iPad is probably being held up by negotiations with wireless carriers, or some such boring detail (i.e. law/regulation review etc.).

The good news is that it should be fairly smooth this time as existing deals with Canadian business (regarding the iPhone) should help in the process.

I remember a few years ago the long wait we had for the Canadian iTunes store... the iPad will come out in the blink of an eye compared to that.

Ca$hflow

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
London, ON
Ya I agree. The same thing happened with the iPhone. Canadians received it a year later after a deal was struck with Rogers. The hold up could be because now Bell may be involved too.

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
I think this thread title should be renamed to anyone else other than americans feeling left out. I mean the uk has prices, sure but we can't to my knowledge order yet. I'm pretty sure that the us is the only place that has the whole who-har regarding the Ipad sofar.

But no I don't feel left out mainly cos I don't have any money for one and have subscribed myself to idealogy that the second one will be better anyways :D

PTP

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Don't feel left out at all. I suspect that without the 3G feature we would've got it at the same time. Sounds like Apple have to talk to the other wireless carriers and negotiate some sort of flat rate. We will never get the AT&T price though. Our carriers stiff us on data...

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don't feel left out:p

Isn't everywhere except for the US being left out for the initial launch? It's not like Canada is being picked on.....

Why don't you just drive across the border and buy one at an Apple Store in the US? With the dollar so close to parity, and the sales taxes less in the US, you'll save a bit of $$$......and you can use that cash towards accessories.....

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I live an hour from the border, and 11 hours from the nearest apple US store...so...not possible.

I wasn't saying Canada was singled out, I'm from Canada so I just made it the title. Internationally is what I mean.

Not after the 3G model in any way, the subscription prices here would be garbage, was hoping the Wifi only could come early April

patrixl

Suspended
Jun 19, 2009
I don't know if you fellow Canadians feel like I do, but it feels like we're on the backburner once again. I mean, the US can already pre-order their iPad's and have them delivered in 2 weeks, and Apple hasn't even announced Canadian pricing!! Canadians don't even know what the thing will cost to us, and we have to wait another 1.5 months to even get one.... I'm certainly feeling a bit discouraged with it all. You think they could at least tell us how much it's going to cost...

Let the Americans beta-test it for a month ;)

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
I think this thread title should be renamed to anyone else other than americans feeling left out. I mean the uk has prices, sure but we can't to my knowledge order yet. I'm pretty sure that the us is the only place that has the whole who-har regarding the Ipad sofar.

But no I don't feel left out mainly cos I don't have any money for one and have subscribed myself to idealogy that the second one will be better anyways :D

PTP

Since when has the UK had prices? Theres nothing on the Apple site, the only information I have seen has been rumours nothing official from Apple.

One Love 1867

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2009
Sheffield, UK
Im in the UK and yes - I do - but only in terms of information.

Right now we don't even have a price yet. It'd be lovely to do a straight Dollar to Pound conversion but as we all know, it doesn't work like that.

As things stand now my ENTIRE buying decision rests on the price. I want one, and I have a rough idea of how much I am willing to pay for each of the different models, but until we actually get price confirmations I'm in limbo.

It's so agonising. I can wait until the end of April to actually get them, and I can wait for things like the iBook store, but this wait to find out the price is killing me..

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Exactly my point One love, you think they'd at least release pricing before anything...

I mean..I can live with the fact that its almost 2 months until it comes to Canada, but for hell's sake tell us the cost!!!

gjamesm

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2010
I don't feel left out. I live right on the border and I ordered a 3G model to be shipped to a US address.
I'm glad the dollar is almost par!

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
apple is american. for all countries even in canada and Europe companies launch their stuff in their countries first.

It's a shame that Apple have them manufactured by Chinese factories. It's a real shame.

Some companies don't have their product launched in their home countries. In fact, often there are regional modifications. Sony and Samsung launch a lot of their products in the US and Europe, for example. I have only been to Japan once but I saw some products there that I just cannot imagine would be popular anywhere else.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
I'm anxious, more than anything, or concerned.

Concerned what kind of ripoff Rogers and its buddies might come up with for us this time around.

I hope they'll offer us a similar deal to AT&T's pricing...please Rogers/Bell/Telus/Fido, please do us a favour for once and give us a deal for 3G. :(

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
NO, I don't feel left out.

1.) It prevents me from rushing in and getting the wifi only model 'cause I can't hang out any longer.

2.) It will be good o see what faults are found in the first couple of months.

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
For sure I feel left out. And I think most people saying otherwise that are in the market for an ipad are kidding themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.