Any noteable new hard drives on market?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2ms, Apr 16, 2009.

1. 2ms macrumors 6502

I want a fast 7200rpm 500GB drive. All I see is the Seagate Momentus 7200.4. Am I missing some newer models with higher density and performance? Are there any that might be coming out soon with strong promise of better performance? I used to be able to rely on storagereview.com for all the latest hard drive benchmarks, news, etc, but I can't seem to find any resources like it that are current any more.

2. akm3 macrumors 68020

ssd?

3. macgrl macrumors 65816

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Did you miss the part about 500GB?

Probably wants something affordable as well.

The way forward has no bearing on something wanted right now.

5. zero85ZEN macrumors regular

That Seagate drive is the only one on the market right now...and it's not really on the market seeing as it is damn near impossible to find anyone that has them in stock. The first wave sold out very fast and they are supposed to be shipping out more in May. But I spoke with a sales rep at CDW and he says, from what he's heard, he thinks it will be later than that.

I'm sure other manufacturers will be rolling out theirs in the upcoming months.

6. 2ms thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok cool, well I guess I'll get something in May-June then. Yeah good SSDs are WAAY too expensive right now. Sure I'll get one in two years, but not now. A really fast hd will be a lot faster than my standard MBP 250GB 5400 drive anyway so will feel fast to me.

7. jejagua macrumors member

Fixed that for you.