Any noticeable performance improvements between Original and Series 1/2 in everyday usage?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by greensalad, Feb 15, 2017.

1. greensalad macrumors regular

greensalad

Firstly, apologies if this has been asked before. I tried searching but didn't find any thread titles matching the info I was looking for.

For the people who had an original Watch/Sport/Edition and upgraded to a Series 1 or Series 2: do you notice any significant speed differences between your original and current models?

I'm considering upgrading my original 38mm Sport to a 42mm Series 1. I can't justify the money for a Series 2: my main reasons for upgrading are the larger screen and potential performance improvements. Brighter screen, GPS and improved water resistance are nice but not worth the extra money for me now when the processor is the same.

Specifically, I'm interested in performance in terms of jittery animations, like when moving the Solar watch face, or scrolling through Activity.

Really, I just want to know if the hardware is up to handling the software with the current generations or if I should wait until the S3.

Thank you lovely people.
    Scott

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The processor in the S1/S2 improved start up times, lag in opening/closing applications and downloading software updates.

I own both Generation Watches and there is a difference in speed those general area's. With the improvements of Watch OS also contributed to reducing lag, but it stills exists in some area's. Watch Faces for me, appear exactly the same on both models when scrolling through options.

I think the S2 Processor is an improvement over the S1, but not a major leap. It's incremental, but noticeable in certain area's.

3. greensalad thread starter macrumors regular

greensalad

Thank you!!