Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedispongee

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2009
I just got back from the Roosevelt Fields Apple store. I went yesterday (7/26) after calling around 11:30AM to make sure they had some in stock for walk-in purchases. I went in at around 1pm, and they were sold out.

However, I called again this morning (7/27), and they had some in stock. I got a 16GB around 11:00AM. They had both 16GB and 32GB in stock by the time I left.

I also called the Manhasset Apple store yesterday and today, and they did not have stock at around 10:15AM.

GeneticFreak84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I just got back from the Roosevelt Fields Apple store. I went yesterday (7/26) after calling around 11:30AM to make sure they had some in stock for walk-in purchases. I went in at around 1pm, and they were sold out.

However, I called again this morning (7/27), and they had some in stock. I got a 16GB around 11:00AM. They had both 16GB and 32GB in stock by the time I left.

I also called the Manhasset Apple store yesterday and today, and they did not have stock at around 10:15AM.

Are they both NY locations? I work in NYC, but live in NJ so I'm hoping to pick one up either of those locations.

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY

WTF?! I have a reservation at Roosevelt Field! ANGRY CALL INCOMING! :mad:

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Are they both NY locations? I work in NYC, but live in NJ so I'm hoping to pick one up either of those locations.

long island

manhasset is on northern blvd
roosevelt field is the huge mall on old country road a mile or so past the mineola LIRR station

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Ok they have 16GB but no 32GB for which I had a reservation for. Still gonna be pissed tho if they had 32's and they didn't fill my reservation. :mad:

[edit] How do you know they had 32's for sale and not for reservations?

GeneticFreak84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Ok they have 16GB but no 32GB for which I had a reservation for. Still gonna be pissed tho if they had 32's and they didn't fill my reservation. :mad:

Thanks. Is it mainly just Apple stores and Best Buys that have been getting them back in stock? Anyone have any luck at Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, and/or AT&T stores?

jedispongee

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2009

Hey... I only assumed they had 32GB's for sale. Sorry about getting your hopes up. When I got there, they asked me which size I wanted, and I opted for the 16GB. I figured if they asked, they had both sizes. But thinking back on it, that might not have been necessarily true.

Thanks. Is it mainly just Apple stores and Best Buys that have been getting them back in stock? Anyone have any luck at Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, and/or AT&T stores?
I've been checking some of the nearby Best Buys, such as the one in Noho, a few in Queens and Long Island, without any of them having any stock. Same thing with the AT&T stores. None of them had any in stock.

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Hey... I only assumed they had 32GB's for sale. Sorry about getting your hopes up. When I got there, they asked me which size I wanted, and I opted for the 16GB. I figured if they asked, they had both sizes. But thinking back on it, that might not have been necessarily true.

I see, thanks.

mdgolom

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2006
Sold Out :(

Anywhere else?

I would pick a store near you and get on a waiting list (I've heard from stores aren't doing that), then keep looking. If you find one before, you can cancel the reservation. I reserved mine at the Columbia, MD store on a Sunday and got the e-mail on Wednesday that it was in.

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I would pick a store near you and get on a waiting list (I've heard from stores aren't doing that), then keep looking. If you find one before, you can cancel the reservation. I reserved mine at the Columbia, MD store on a Sunday and got the e-mail on Wednesday that it was in.

They stopped doing reservations on this past Sunday.

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
my friend say also he was going to the AT&T store in long beach, casue they told him that they would have iphone's weds morning. so theres another place to check, he said he would be going there to get one. or try atleast

GeneticFreak84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Still no luck. Heard Secaucus, NJ Best Buy had them yesterday but when I called after I got out of work they were sold out :mad:

Any updates?

Ninjasrule

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2010
Still no luck. Heard Secaucus, NJ Best Buy had them yesterday but when I called after I got out of work they were sold out :mad:

Any updates?

I just got 2 16gb iphone 4 at the Westfield Mall in Jersey @ Paramus. It was the smallest apple store I've been to. Sarah, the sales lady was super duper nice.

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I got my reservation notice for a 32GB yesterday. When I picked it they also had 16GB for walk-in sales but no 32's. This was at Roosevelt Field Mall, Long Island.

spyder321

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
I went to the Apple Store 5th Ave last night for the genius bar and then I was told they had many 16GB and 32GB iPhones for walk ins, So I was able to get one, I got out of there around 10pm (1 hour and 15 min wait) and they still seem to have a lot left, they might have some left this morning...

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I went to the Apple Store 5th Ave last night for the genius bar and then I was told they had many 16GB and 32GB iPhones for walk ins, So I was able to get one, I got out of there around 10pm (1 hour and 15 min wait) and they still seem to have a lot left, they might have some left this morning...

Thanks for this info, I relayed it to my co-worker.. she called the store and sure enough they told her that they had some left. She rushed out the door to go get one lol..... She had been trying for a while but AT&T and Apple stores all over kept telling her 3 week wait.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.