Any of you got the NEW Logitech VX NANO mouse??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Darkenvamp, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Darkenvamp macrumors member

so this mouse is tottaly new and im going to buy it next week with my new mbp..so any of you guys got it?? :D:cool:

if so then what you think about it?!

Attached Files:

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Is that tiny thing an RF module? Or is it BT?

Sorry I don't have an anecdote as I don't have the mouse...but I would say play with it in the store before you buy if you can.

3. Darkenvamp thread starter macrumors member

its a wireless receiver..yes its that tiny..just plug it in your usb one time..and forget it...thats the huge feature of it =D...actually its not even in my store yet..maybe next week..

4. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Yes, but is it radio or Bluetooth?

EDIT: No worries, just noticed on the Logitech site that it's a 27MHz radio receiver.

5. Darkenvamp thread starter macrumors member

yup radio signals,isnt the receiver really great?!

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

No, it's a huge waste of a USB port. Get a Logitech v270 bluetooth mouse so you can use the internal bluetooth dongle on your laptop, instead of wasting a usb port.

7. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

Looks nice and all but I do have to agree that it is one less usb port I have (only 2 for the 15"). For me that is bad because I constantly need open ports, but for someone else, it may be a good deal. :)

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

oooh. i like it, but then again i don't. :p
    it doesn't have the forward/back buttons as the full VX does. unless i'm missing them, and those are a beauty to have. but the receiver is nice indeed.

9. Darkenvamp thread starter macrumors member

umm well actually the only usb thing i have is my ipod..and plus i will get a cooling pad for my mbp that have an extra powered usb =),and i had the v270 before which has a very bad signal(cause its bluetooth) and dissconnect alot.
    yup it is a good deal for me,as i hate bluetooth mouses..and always wanted a wireless mouse but the receiver size was the problem..and this one is really tiny.
    umm no it doesnt have the extra 2 buttons,its smaller and 10$ less expensive than the VX(Who care?!,,) and the receiver worth it :D

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

not all bluetooth mice are bad though. i've never had a disconnect issue with my apple bluetooth mouse in the two years i used it daily.

without those two buttons i don't see too much use for it then. just as easy to use the trackpad. just my opinion. sure the scroll is nice, but the two finger scroll is fast too. those back/forward buttons convinced me to get the MX/VX in the first place.

11. Darkenvamp thread starter macrumors member

CORRECT::this mouse still have 2 buttons that can be used as back/forward..i have just noticed that the original VX just have the extra zoom buttons,but both of them got the back/forward.

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

aaah i thought that was a zoom thing.
    mmmm now i want. :D

13. Darkenvamp thread starter macrumors member

i thought that the battery bar and the zoom buttons in the original VX were really pointless XD
    this one looks sleeker and cleaner look...so yah go for it =D

14. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

just have to wait to see how it fits in my hand.

the MX Revolution is great for long work.
    the VX Revolution is great for small spans and still fits well.
    if this is smaller than that though.... might be a tad too small. we'll have to see.

thanks for the heads up on this btw.

15. Darkenvamp thread starter macrumors member

it looks like it is little bit smaller than the VX...anyway seems like they aint selling it yet...>_>

16. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I love the small footprint of the RF receiver. I have the MX Revolution and the receiver is small, but not that small. It would make a great laptop mouse. I just wish Logitech would make more devices with bluetooth.

17. Darkenvamp thread starter macrumors member

yup the receiver is awesome..much smaller than the MX,VX ones which are already little yup,,about bluetooth mouses..i never liked them..they aint as fast..and have connecting problems..and remember that usb is always working..but bluetooth sometime doesnt work if the drivers arent installed correctly...so i always prefered thes wireless mouses.

18. L3X macrumors 6502a

I prefer BT for my MBP.

The nano isn't out yet, comes out in August.

19. Zel macrumors regular

I had bought the VX non-nano, I used it for one night and the smallness actually hurt my hand.

I found I was grabbing it between my thumb and ring finger in a very unnatural way due to the size and shape, I dunno, I returned it because it hurt. Picked up the MX fullsize and am much happier.

Only problem is these laser high precision mice are too accurate to work on rough surfaces like a bedspread, they jump around as they see every nook and cranny. my older red-light mouse is flawless in that regard, so I only use the MX at work where there is a nice desk.

20. theStump macrumors newbie

I agree. If it were the same size but accommodated some sort of pass-through, now that would be cool.

21. klymr macrumors 65816

22. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

23. hohohong macrumors 6502

I talked to one of the computer store here. If enough people call Logitech to request a certain product, say BT VX mouse, they would do it.

Don't think i'll like that mouse. The back and forward button is not accessed by thumb. I don't like the Mighty wireless mouse either. No back and forward buttons.

I like the VX revolution. Does anyone has this with Mac? Does this mouse has Expose? Or 1 click for widget like the mighty mouse?

24. anothermacaddic macrumors member

http://www.us.kensington.com/html/12635.html

Ive got this thing and I agree why would you waste a port and have an akward piece of plastic sticking out of your laptop when you paid extra for built in bluetooth? Ive NEVER had a disconnect EVER with this one. Ever. However this particular one doesnt have an on off switch and Im assuming it rattles around in my laptop bag enough to make those double a batteries last about 5 days. Still not too bad they do come in like a 50 pack and the little bugger is kind enough to flash a blue led from the wheel to let me know its getting low on juice.

25. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I like the small footprint of the mouse and its receiver.

If Apple had added a third USB port to their laptops then it would be a pretty good looking mouse.

Sad and unfortunately that is not the case.

Please Apple add a third usb port.