Any offical word from att about 2g unlimited iphone data upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Chewbacca, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I have been trying to find something about this but "2g" is not a helpful search term since that is the new limit.

I printed the facebook discussion saying that existing 2g customers that are paying 20.00 for unlimited edge data can upgrade to the 30.00 unlimited 3g when the iPhone 4 is purchased but I cant find it anywhere else.

If I have trouble in the store I want to have more than a facebook print as back up. Has anyone been able to find anything official from at&t confirming the upgrade eligibility of original iPhone owners?

I have been trying for a while now and no luck. I called customer care and they didn't know the answer, they just went with no to be safe.

Please help, a link to something official, has anyone found one?

2. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Anyone have the same issue. So many people are on-line now that threads are leaving the front page so fast.

Not sure if many people have seen this one.

Thanks again!

3. turugara macrumors regular

TBH I've been using the iPhone 2G Unlimited Data plan on my Nexus One and I've been getting 3G data with no problem. They haven't complained nor updated. Perhaps use it until they complain? Sorry I don't have an exact answer.

4. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Thanks. I'm still trying but cant find anything official from att. Their is a facebook reply and accounts of phone calls but none of that would obligate att. When I called they told me that I was out of luck but that was the first day the plan was announced and they knew little about it.

I guess I'll try calling again tomorrow and write down names / times. Problem is it doesn't matter what any att employee says they can always be overruled by company policy and att will not print theirs so as of now its all he said she said :(

Thanks again for the replys!! :D:D:D:apple: