Any official announcement about the UI problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TimothyB, Jul 28, 2008.

1. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

The slick UI is such a vital part of the appeal of the iPhone that it's sad the current state it's in. I'm a new 3G user, and while I love it, from what I hear, it's not as good of an experience as the first gen, and those users that updated to 2.0 can confirm.

Sluggish typing, poor safari performance, glitchy contacts, and a whole host of issues.

I'd think this would be a no.1 priority and Apple would acknowledge it and that everything is being done to resolve the issues. I bet they are, but I have no experience with their service yet.

Besides all the articles, videos, reports, feedback sent to apple. Has there been anything official to put our minds at ease? I hear of a new update released for SDK, and mention of GPS improvement, anything about the UI?

Should I not be worried, and that this will be all ironed out in no time?

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

they will be working on updates for bug fixes as we speak

with the iphone 1.0, they had the first update out in a month
    with the iphone 3g, i bet it will be faster, as there seem to be many more bugs!

3. SMacDuff macrumors 6502

SMacDuff

Apple has already seeded firmware 2.01 to developers and that is to address various bugs with the current firmware. This is not the same firmware 2.1 which will give more control and speed to the GPS function expected in September. I would imagine we won't have to wait too much longer for 2.01.

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

5. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Man I hope so!

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Apple is infamous for just silently fixing mistakes and pretending they never happened. The running joke is that they then delete all related posts on their forum.

It's ironic that they made fun of Big Brother in their 1984 ad. Apple is like a real life 1984 Ministry of Truth. They constantly try to rewrite history and throw goofs down the memory hole.

So don't worry. Most of it will get fixed. They just won't acknowledge it. Except perhaps to say, "New version, twice as fast as last one!" :)