Any "official" news on magazines on the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chriskzoo, Apr 1, 2010.

1. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

I have seen some speculation and it seems foolish for any magazine publisher to not offer their mags on the iPad, but I can't seem to find any screens, etc.

2. talkingnewmedia macrumors regular

talkingnewmedia

Oops, I have to retract what I just wrote. I used the Appshopper search wrong. There are still only nine news apps listed on appshopper -- and no magazines. Sorry about that.

I expect Wired and some more from Condé Nast and Hearst to show up. I just can't imagine Wired missing the launch day.

3. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

4. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Nice but it's only for one (April) issue. I was looking for digital magazine subscriptions.

5. ksavage523 macrumors member

6. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

I would check the usual suspects' websites and the app store for NYT, WSJ, even the National Geographic...

7. sharp65 macrumors 6502

It comes with april for free, but you can buy subsequent issues through the app.

8. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

You should do a youtube search for Wired's implementation of their magazine - truly remarkable and forward thinking...

9. citi macrumors 65816

citi

it will be remarkable when it shows up in the app store.

10. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Yep, and it looks like it will be fun to interact with the ads themselves as well. The possibilities with content though is just mind blowing.

11. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Can't wait to interact with the extenze ad or the sea monkeys ad.

12. cualexander macrumors 6502a

13. random person macrumors 6502a

What about the NY Times? Couldn't find it anywhere except for the free app -- I'm interested in the paid subscription version that they previewed at the keynote but so far I can't find it. Would be weird if the NY Times doesn't make the launch date.

14. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Zinio absolutely sucks! It's just a pdf version of the magazine. I wont pay for a pdf version, sorry - not happening. The magazine/news agencies that innovate will get my money.

15. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

The Zinio model worked fine for me so far, as it allowed me to read the latest magazines I subscribe to when I travel (especially abroad). But yes, like you, I would like to see the content evolve.

16. decson macrumors regular

GQ is there gonna give it a go, but am excited about wired... c

costs me a bomb to buy the US one here in the UK, hoping they do a subscription.

17. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I am holding off on buying an iPad till the magazine publishers come to there senses and offer subscriptions like they do and at the same price as there printed versions. At $4.99 for Time Magazine, with ads no less - is a rip off to me.

Hear you there, love the UK photography magazines - but they cost way too much. Hoping that the magazine publishers offer content across country lines. Even if they value it in their countries currency.

18. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

It costs like £10 or something stupid an issue over here :( I also wish that we could get SI over here properly as well, UK Sports Magazines are crap :/ so if I get the iPad I sure do hope I can get both at a reasonable price :)