Any one bought the Vaja i-Volution Top SP Case??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by asc88, Oct 15, 2007.

1. asc88 macrumors newbie

All the people who have bought the Vaja i-Volution Top SP case (with the flip), can you please state the pros and cons in this thread. I want to know if the flip cover is a pain each time one has to answer a call or browse the internet or perform any main operation. Does the flip cover interfere with the normal functioning of the iPhone?? I feel that the flip could be annoying if you have to just leave it hanging down each time you are using the iPhone screen. However, people who have already bought it and are using it would of course have a much better idea. So please let us know.

Could not find any specific information to the flip cover anywhere in the forum, and that is why starting this thread.

Much Appreciated!!

2. egghead macrumors newbie

I was little disappointed

I heard lot of great things about this case and finally bought it, but I guess I was unlucky or something because I didn't like my Vaja iVolution Top SP (one with duo tone color - brownie brown and dark blue) and had to return it. On mine it had a big crease in the middle, and the quality wasn't that great (it had quite a bit of glue residues all over the place). After opening and closing the top flap few times, the leather (where the locking part is) was already rubbing off on my iPhone. And the colors weren't anything close to what I chose on the web site (which is somewhat understandable considering the images were computer generated and enhanced). And I found the whole flap on top very inconvenient (perhaps I would've liked it better if the top flap was detachable) and awkward to use. When I talk to someone on the phone, this big flap kinda dangles on the side. I could fold it to the other side of phone, but then it adds extra bulk and not very comfortable. Also I wasn't crazy about the whole packaging + presentation either. Considering the hefty price tag, I suppose I was expecting something more. On a positive note return was somewhat hassle free (they have return location in Florida, so no international shipping/return), but it did take a while to get a credit back on my credit card.

3. asc88 thread starter macrumors newbie

thx for sharing your experience. out of curiosity, what case are you using now? or you using none and think that the phone is actually better without one. thx

4. egghead macrumors newbie

I actually bought Orbino leather case, but I am not sure if I am going to keep it. Leather case looks ok, but it doesn't fit as well as I hoped. Especially around LCD opening. I also got Agent 18 case with Apple $100 credit. I think I like this one better than the Orbino case, so I might keep this one and return Orbino.