Any one else having airdrop issues on 7.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by falkedup, Mar 22, 2014.

1. falkedup macrumors regular

My airdrop isn't working at all it's on in control center but off on the share sheet. I made a genius appointment for Monday but I wanted to see if anyone had any luck fixing this.

Attached Files:

2. falkedup thread starter macrumors regular

And this. Sorry for double post. Don't know how to add multiple images.

Attached Files:

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Still works here. After it finds a device that can receive it shows it in that Airdrop area and I can select it to send to it. Tried it with contacts.

4. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Yes, I was just trying to use it today but couldn't get the Airdrop icon in the share sheet to turn blue. I tried toggling wifi, bluetooth, control centre options to no avail.

5. pugxiwawa macrumors newbie

Had the exact same issue today with our 2 iPhone 5 and 5S after upgrading to 7.1 (update wirelessly). Could not figure out why AirDrop stopped working after the upgrade. Then decided to connect iPhones physically to the computer with iTunes running. A screen popped up asking if the computer is a trust computer. Once hit 'Trust' on the phone, disconnect it from computer, and restart the phone, AirDrop came back with blue color and 2 phones could talk to each other again!

I think this 'trust' verification is new in iOS 7.1, which probably broke some security setting in AirDrop. Give it a try to see if that works for you. Good luck!

6. Alonso Quijano macrumors 6502

The trust feature isn't new, it was introduced in the iOS 7 betas from the summer.

As for OP, airdrop is working for meon both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini, both running iOS 7.1

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

AirDrop works fine on both iPad Air and iPhone 5S. :apple:

8. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

9. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

How do you get the Facebook share icon and the others to show up in control center?

10. falkedup thread starter macrumors regular