Any one else having airdrop issues on 7.1?

falkedup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
My airdrop isn't working at all it's on in control center but off on the share sheet. I made a genius appointment for Monday but I wanted to see if anyone had any luck fixing this.

Attachments

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Still works here. After it finds a device that can receive it shows it in that Airdrop area and I can select it to send to it. Tried it with contacts.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Yes, I was just trying to use it today but couldn't get the Airdrop icon in the share sheet to turn blue. I tried toggling wifi, bluetooth, control centre options to no avail.

pugxiwawa

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2009
Had the exact same issue today with our 2 iPhone 5 and 5S after upgrading to 7.1 (update wirelessly). Could not figure out why AirDrop stopped working after the upgrade. Then decided to connect iPhones physically to the computer with iTunes running. A screen popped up asking if the computer is a trust computer. Once hit 'Trust' on the phone, disconnect it from computer, and restart the phone, AirDrop came back with blue color and 2 phones could talk to each other again!

I think this 'trust' verification is new in iOS 7.1, which probably broke some security setting in AirDrop. Give it a try to see if that works for you. Good luck!

Alonso Quijano

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2013
I think this 'trust' verification is new in iOS 7.1, which probably broke some security setting in AirDrop. Give it a try to see if that works for you. Good luck!
The trust feature isn't new, it was introduced in the iOS 7 betas from the summer.

As for OP, airdrop is working for meon both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini, both running iOS 7.1