Any one else having problems with the 5.01 jb?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by blow45, Feb 4, 2012.

1. blow45 macrumors 68000

I ve tried it from both imac, minis, and the mba to the ipad but none of it seems to work.... :confused:

2. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I had problems jb my iPad2 on my Windows 7 PC until I restored my iPad as new. The jb worked fine after that.

3. biohead macrumors 6502

4. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

it just doesn't jb and gets stuck at a certain % of progress or the jb exits at some point.

Then I try to do it again and it outputs "looks like you attempted to jb this ipad and it failed"

recently I get this, then I get "we will attempt recovery etc.". Then unplug and replug to try jb again, but now it goes into the "looks like you attempted to jb this ipad and it failed" prompt and doesn't attempt again.

5. biohead macrumors 6502

Can you restore it via iTunes and set it up as a new iPad?

6. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

I am not sure what you mean? Restore it to out of the box settings? I am afraid not, too much data at stake to reinstall and re-set. :(

7. Vatche macrumors member

No problems here! Everything working awesome.

8. biohead macrumors 6502

Perform a backup first before restoring.

Then do the restore, setup as new and try to jailbreak. If the jailbreak works, it's potentially something on your iPad thats causing it to fail.

If the jailbreak fails after a restore, wipe the iPad again and set it up from your backup you made.

9. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks I 'll think about it, since if I can verify that it's something on my ipad and the jb works on a restored ipad, then I 'll have to restore from back up again because it 'll take me far too long to set up all apps and settings again (my app list is way way too large and out of hand at the moment, to just choose and reorganize in itunes and folders...lol.) and I d have lost the jb... I guess I'll just redownload the jb, try deleting a few things, and retry to jb, it might have been an issue of space since I was too low on space when I first tried installing the jb.