Any one ever change shipping address after order was placed?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ry&EmsMom, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Ry&EmsMom macrumors newbie

So, I placed my order on the 7th and on the 8th at night, I called them while it was still "processing" and changed my shipping address. My husband and I aren't going to be home tomorrow so I figured I'd have it sent to my parent's house, where they will be home all day. That was Thursday. My order was in "processing" until Sunday, then did not come out of "Preparing for Shipment" until yesterday. Well, today I get this email that says that they have "submitted my address change request to the carrier. Once we receive a response from the carrier, we will notify you by email." Needless to say, I haven't heard anything back after that. (Although I did get an email from a customer service management representative saying that he will be my contact at Apple and if I need any further assistance, to contact him-not sure why exactly I got this email. I did email him back right after receiving it but never heard back.)

My question is, do you think my iPad will still be at delivered at my parent's house tomorrow (even though they are literally 5 minutes away from my house)? Has any one else ever had to change a shipping address and had any issues? I'm not sure why this address change is such a big deal since I changed it last Thursday and it did not get sent out until yesterday. Plus, when I called that day to change it, they never said anything to me about it being an issue. They said it was all changed. Anyway, thanks for your help!

2. Ry&EmsMom thread starter macrumors newbie

Any FedEx employees know if this will be an issue?

3. dukedvl macrumors member

I also changed my shipping address on the 8th from my home to my work. A couple hours afterwards I received an email indicating they received my change request and it was processed. My tracking information does indicate the address change as it is being delivered to a different city. The only difference is that I did mine online instead of over the phone. I hope it works out for you.

4. Ry&EmsMom thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Was your order being "processed" at the time? I did get the email saying it was changed a little while after the phone call. Did you get that email today like I did? The one that said they are waiting to hear from the carrier?

5. dukedvl macrumors member

I can't remember if it was in a Processing state or Preparing for Shipment . . .I think it was preparing for shipment. I did not receive any email today indicating they are waiting to hear from the carrier. The only one that I received was the one after I changed it and then my shipping notification with my tracking number.

If I pull up the order from the website, my shipping address was changed and my billing address was still my home address where it was originally being shipped.

6. dukedvl macrumors member

Out of curiosity, did it get delivered to the correct address?

7. Ry&EmsMom thread starter macrumors newbie