Any one into Interior Decorating? I need ideas...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macswitcha2, Feb 26, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

I have a room that I want to utilize as a study area as well as a living room.

I need some ideas. Right now, I have an expedit bookcase with attached table (Black/Brown), solid light yellow curtains with dark brown drapes... and the floors are old cherry wood floors. I also have a yellow swivel easy chair. Those are the main things I want to stay in the room.

Here is what I need help in:

1. What color should be the walls? I'm thinking of painting one of the walls a different color than the rest.

2. What seating would you recommend? Likee what kind of sofa, color type, etc.

3. I need help with an area rug...

4. I plan to a place for a TV.

Pictures are on their way...

The measurements are 10 and a centimeter X13 square foot and the ceilings are 9 and an inch feet high.

I have two electrical outlets.... and a small walk in closet

Any ideas?

2. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Pictures would help a great deal with this, if you can

3. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Pictures on their way...

warning...the room is a work in progress...the room use to be for recording so the walls use to have sound proof foam on them, you will see where they use to be at...I am going to sand the walls down and of course paint them but need help in the color...

I also have an old computer desk that I will get rid of...

Attached Files:

4. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Hey, sadly nothing sparked an epiphany for me. But I am partical to accent walls (red and blue always look great)

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yeah, a difficult set of questions to answer on a bulletin board. That said, we have accent walls in seven rooms of our house. Two of them are open to each other and the accent walls at either end are not the same shade. Two of the rooms have two accent walls, the same color, adjacent to each other. It all depends on your taste and decorating sense. If you need help, you probably need it "on site".

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

HGTV would probably be a better source of information than here. I understand they have a pretty interactive website where you can get advice and submit questions to specific designers. Best of luck with it, definitely post some after pics so we can see the end result.

7. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

+1

OP: Try this site.

HGTV Rate My Space.

You can upload pics and get opinions and ratings on this room.

8. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

9. pd100 macrumors newbie

Wall Decals for Depth

I also like the idea of an accent wall. But I have a twist - I use wall decals. If you use decals from Wall Slicks they have a matte finish so the design looks painted on. In a small room I use two different shades of the same color and put the decals on top of each other, off-set just a bit, and that creates a "shadow" look so the small area is given a feeling of depth.

10. murrayskeeter macrumors newbie

11. murrayskeeter macrumors newbie

I suggest you go with a modern Japanese interior. You use minimalist furniture for the study area and then a study table for two is built into a recessed area in a wall.