Any one know of a case....

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by jkramb, Mar 7, 2010.

1. jkramb macrumors member

That covers the docking port when not in use? My last ipod fell victim to water damage while skiing. I was hoping there was a hard case that was slim that maybe had a rubber plug that at least filled the docking connector to keep water out (within reason of course, i don't expect to take it scuba diving or anything).

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

I'm thinking your best bet would be to not take it skiing.

I'm sure there are cases out there... GigaWare makes plugs for the dock port, RadioShack sells them.

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

+1 for ziplock. Not the prettiest by any means but cheap and very effective. I use it all the time snowboarding with my nano.

4. pjgeer macrumors member

switch easy

several of the switch easy cases come with a dock slot insert.

I have a Rebel case for my 2nd gen and it came with an insert. The Colors line also comes with an insert.

Although the ziploc idea is cheaper and will make a statement, lol.

Pj

5. mzd macrumors 6502a

this. my switcheasy neo touch also came with a cover. nice addition.

6. jampat macrumors 6502a

7. pjgeer macrumors member

Hey the ziploc, freezer weight (less likely to rip), with some air blown in for cushion would be cheaper. :p And there are seasonal designs, :D

Pj

8. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Air blown in for cushioning is a bad idea. For one thing, any impact so hard that cushioning is necessary will open the "zipper" at the top, blowing the air right out (and possibly your iPod with it). Also, blowing air in with your mouth with trap moisture in the bag with the iPod, also a big no-no. You're actually better off getting as much air as you can out of it.

9. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

most of the switcheasy products come with a dock plug, and the torrent touch comes with a headphone and dock plug, if you already have a case, then the ziploc bags would be nice

10. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

11. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

seriously just use the ziploc!!!!:D Even if you get a dock plug i doubt it will block out all moisture.