Any one know the key combation "apple+ctrl+d"

yklxcq

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
That would bring the dictionary and show the meaning of the word that your mouse pointed(it gives you a nice small window ), i think that is cool feature for thoes people whose english is not their first language,like me; however, i found that key combination is hard to press, does anyone here now how can i chnange it to different key combination, e.g. ctrl+apple.
thx in advance :)

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
yklxcq said:
That would bring the dictionary and show the meaning of the word that your mouse pointed(it gives you a nice small window ), i think that is cool feature for thoes people whose english is not their first language,like me; however, i found that key combination is hard to press, does anyone here now how can i chnange it to different key combination, e.g. ctrl+apple.
Seems easy to me. Do you not have an keyboard with the US layout?

Anyway, open 'System Preferences' and go to 'Keyboard & Mouse'. Select the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' tab. If you can change it, I'd guess it would be in there.

gMac

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2003
Charleston, SC
grapes911 said:
Seems easy to me. Do you not have an keyboard with the US layout?

Anyway, open 'System Preferences' and go to 'Keyboard & Mouse'. Select the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' tab. If you can change it, I'd guess it would be in there.
That's how I changed the shortcut on my iMac. Punching F1 seems much easier than the Vulcan salute. ;)

alanbuilds

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2004
Connecticut, USA
Anyone know the feature "spellcheck"?

yklxcq said:
"thoes"?
"chnange"?
Believe me, I have the highest regard for anyone who can communicate in more than one language; please don't take this comment as being disrespectful -- it's not directed at anyone in particular, but seemingly, after reading tons of stuff here and elsewhere on the internet, at EVERYONE in particular:

ANYONE KNOW THE FEATURE "SPELLCHECK"?

That's the next new-fangled feature somone's going to have to discover and try out . . .Oh well, seems like very little chance of that . . .

Although people at work tend to use me as their own personal spellcheck, I always use it on anything I keyboard --- It ALWAYS finds one or more careless errors perfect me is totally unaware of . . . I'm so sick of reading everybody else's gibberish . . . I'm done. (shuts up) :D

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
Can you spell check when submitting forms with html then? Not wishing to be pedantic, but I read an article some time ago about how you can still read words that are spelt wrong as quick as correctly spelt words. Providing of course the first and last letter are correct.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
pulsewidth947 said:
Can you spell check when submitting forms with html then?
In Safari you can: Edit menu -> Spelling -> Check Spelling as You Type. :)
pulsewidth947 said:
Not wishing to be pedantic, but I read an article some time ago about how you can still read words that are spelt wrong as quick as correctly spelt words. Providing of course the first and last letter are correct.
And, to be just as pedantic, you have to have the first two and last two letters correct for that mind-trick to work... :p ;)