Any one knows how to return the order from retail store by shipping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ygsq, Oct 1, 2016.

1. ygsq, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016

ygsq macrumors member

I purchased one iPhone 7 plus from the closest Apple Store and I want to return it now. The closest Apple Store costs me 5-hours round trip so I do not really want to drive again for just returning the phone, the one disappointed me. I spent 2 hours on the phone with them but no one helps me. I wonder if any one had similar experience and was solved.
    Thanks!

2. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

did you buy it outright or on a carrier plan? are you within the 14 day return window? I don't know how it is for phones but Apple is very easy going with returns done on there 14 day return policy.
    http://www.apple.com/shop/help/returns_refund
    you should be able to do the whole thing online.
    are there details about this transaction you are leaving out? I think there are.

3. ygsq thread starter macrumors member

It is within 14 days but since I purchased it directly from store there is no order details in my online account!

4. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

this login page lets you use an order #
    maybe something on your receipt?
    try calling this number 800-676-2775 and asking for an RMA.

5. ygsq thread starter macrumors member

Online system does not have the records because the order is directly from retail store...

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If you spent two hours in the phone with Apple and they couldn't help you I am going to guess that it is not possible to return the phone in the way you wish.

7. Shadowbech, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016

Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If purchased from Apple Store then it must be returned at the store. If purchased from Apple.com for store pick up or delivery those can be returned by shipping it back or returning it to store.

Update: did you try contacting the store? At least provide the receip number by the barcode and maybe they can allow you to return by shipping it to the store? As suggested below. Doesn't hurt to try.

8. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I can offer no help unfortunately except to say it is (at least was) possible. I purchased a 5s from an Apple Store (not pick up) back in 2013. It had a few defects and since I was within 14 days I decided to return in instead of replace it. The Apple Store we went to was four hours away so I really did not want to drive. I called Apple and after some transferring of the call, I was bow to get a shipping label sent to me via e-mail. The return address was the Store I purchased from.

Not really helpful, but it was possible in the past.

9. skinsone macrumors regular

I just went through this today. Purchased a iPhone 7 full price from a retail store 2.5 hours from my home. Had issues with it and after many calls and transfers within Apple I was told I could not return it via any shipping method. Apple sympathized with me, but would not let me ship it back. So today we drove another 2.5 hours back to a retail store to return it. Wasn't happy about it but we did get some shopping done at Cabalas and had a great steak dinner at Longhorns.

The Apple Store was jammed packed and I was able to get an associate immediately and he processed the return and I was out of the store within 10 minutes.

10. ygsq thread starter macrumors member

I think I will be in the same way. Apple should remind customers on their website in my opinion. BTW, 2.5 hours one way?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    Thanks. It might be YMMV...
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    I tried but they said no.

11. skinsone macrumors regular

Yup, one way and that's if traffic is normal. Like I said, Apple supervisors were really sympathetic but would not budge. Learned my lesson and ordered my 6s on line and had it up and running before I returned the 7 yesterday.

The 6s has none of the issues the 7 had. It connects Bluetooth immediately to my 2015 Silverado and stays on, phone calls are really as good as my 5s was. No problem with dropped calls or listening to Pandora and music library. Maps are spot on as to where my car is parked.